My Response to "Body Shaming: The Skinny Stance" | Teen Ink

My Response to "Body Shaming: The Skinny Stance"

September 26, 2017
By Alison03 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
Alison03 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The writing titled “Body Shaming: The Skinny Stance” was written by Nandini K. Her story was very honest and was about how our society sees people. Nandini’s story left me feeling like questioning people’s thoughts on how other people look. The story written by Nandini Ko. left me feeling mad because it was honest and very true about how everyone in this world looks at people and their shape. Nandini mentioned that people would say to her was she looked “as thin as a stick.” They said this to her because she was a thin person. People would also tell her “gain more meat.” Today in our society if we are skinny we get called out, and if we are overweight, we get called out for that too. I can relate to what Nandini is saying because I am skinny. I was skinny as a baby, and I am still skinny. This makes me mad because people don’t see other people as people but as what they want to see.  No matter how people look, there are always other people telling them to change the way they look. Nandini said, “I am great because I am skinny and I am beautiful.” I love this quote that she said because it shows that she loves herself and won’t let other people and our society change her. I am going to do the same as she and won’t let people change me.