Playing god | Teen Ink

Playing god

By Sarrah2002 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
Sarrah2002 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

The article "Playing God" was written very well, and acurately depicted the way other species view humans. We choose what animals to kill in the sense that we are g-d and get to make all the important choices. The narrator of the piece says how he gets to choose who lives and who lives. Something that may look to us like an everyday family dinner can be so much more to the poor creatures. He clearly shows how we have no right to do this.  He does in a way that he isn't judging humans for what we're doing, but just showing this mundane activity from their perspective. 

I agree with James that we have to look at all perspectives. This piece really made me think about how much of our everyday choices we take for granted, and don't think about how those choices can affect others. This made me realize how lucky I am to have the chance to make these choices. It also made me realize that I have the power not to make theses descions, and choose to spare these innocent lives. However, this applies to much more than just a simple lobster dinner but my everyday descions. This was a truly strong piece and makes me reconsider my choices.