Feedback on Quiet Is Okay | Teen Ink

Feedback on Quiet Is Okay

September 25, 2015
By Skyler.rawr SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
Skyler.rawr SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave the world wondering how you did it".


     Quiet Is Okay by Grace Beatty is an article in the diversity section that introduced me to two new words: introverts and extroverts. "Introverts are often categorized as shy and antisocial", while extroverts "need to spend time socializing...and they become drained when they are alone". This article made me realize that there are reasons why some people or more quiet than others, or why some people don't like to participate. The article also made me think about whether I was an introvert or an extrovert.

     I personally enjoyed reading this piece because it made me think about people's personalities. I related myself to an extrovert rather than an introvert, because I love engaging in conversation, and I feel different when I'm alone. I know my best friend is an introvert, because she is always reading, and doesn't like to converse much. When she does talk, she always says something brilliant, or talks about the new book she's reading. Just like Grace Beatty states, "Everyone has been created differently, and express differently thaan everyone else. It's what makes us individuals, helping to shape our collective future - the future that little girl quietly reading her book will create".