Teen Drinking | Teen Ink

Teen Drinking MAG

By janae0992 BRONZE, North Las Vegas, Nevada
janae0992 BRONZE, North Las Vegas, Nevada
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Sarah B., I really enjoyed reading your article on “Teen Drinking.” It was very well written and informative. I believe every teenager should read it. I agree that many teenagers drink alcohol to try to fit in. Many are pressured, and when they say “no,” they are often made fun of.

I honestly don't see the fun in drinking. Many of my friends say they do it because it helps them forget their problems. Most of what you said in the article was very true, however, I think it also has to do with the person; it is your choice, and peer pressure shouldn't be a reason to drink. It's sad to see how teens act these days and for them to be responsible for so many deaths due to teenage drunk ­driving.

Also many teenagers have unprotected sex when they're drunk and end up pregnant, as you said. I have many friends who have had babies during their freshman and sophomore years. At times I wonder how they do it and I feel bad for them, but then I start to think of how it's their fault for not thinking about the consequences.

Your article really opened my eyes. It reminded me not to rush into things. You did a great job writing this article, Sarah; I hope many teens read it and learn from it as I did.