Music Education in Schools This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I greatly appreciate Kevan Hoffman's “Music Education in Schools.” I believe that people often underestimate the power of music and how it affects the mind and spirit. Music is an important part of my community and provides a common ground for a lot of teens. I've made some great friends in band and would hate to see our music program disappear.

It's refreshing to read about someone else who feels strongly about this topic. Kevan did a good job relaying his opinion, and I'm now even more convinced that music education is important.

KayVee said...
Music programs in school is a great thing, if the right teacher is hired. Too bad music class in my school consists of coloring paper iPods.

513rjs513 said...
I agree! I can relate to this in many ways. I am a musician and I love music. I listen to music all day everyday and i plan to have a professional career in music. Music helps us learn. I can't focus on my homework with out hearing some music play in my ears. I think it's just awesome to read about someone else who feels how i do about music. 

JRA401 said...
Music is a great opportunity. I listen to it all day. We can learn plenty we don't already know from music. In my community, music comes a long way. There are even some students at my school that make their own music. We actually listen to all kinds and listen to the ones based on how we feel at the moment. Those party-popping songs gets the job done and we just have a good time. When I'm at home, I'm in a whole different state of mind.