Freedom to Sag This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Initially, Kedrick W.’s piece “Freedom to Sag” made me laugh. The first thought that came to my mind was my brother, who is always getting in trouble for sagging his pants. As I read, I began to realize the issues behind it: freedom and rights and censorship. When he says at the end that censorship is great and that’s all he’s allowed to say, that really put it in a different perspective. If people are allowed to wear miniskirts, or tube tops, why can’t others sag their pants? It’s not hurting anyone; it’s just a style, like preps or Goths, not the end of civilization.

Jazzyjaz12 said...
Nov. 29, 2011 at 10:51 am
i think its okay to sag your pants but only if you aren't letting the whole world see your drawls. Just saying !!

FreedomIsMyVirtue said...
Aug. 20, 2011 at 6:54 am
Well, sagging is cool. Or at least, for some guys. But still, everyone have their own passion. So why not sag? The only reason why some people view it as derogatory or something like that is because of discrimination.