How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

DeeJay said...
i agree 100%. people on this site need to review work faster. i have seven articles waiting, the newest one being a MONTH old.

M.A.C. replied...
Jan. 5, 2010 at 4:31 pm :
I waited several weeks for each of my articles, and only two days ago was one of my articles posted, and I waited since September.

Vampyro replied...
Jun. 22, 2010 at 12:36 pm :
It depends on the category and how big the article is. It shouldn't usually take that long

Kupcake said...
Yes, I agree.

Her.name.was.boom! replied...
Dec. 17, 2009 at 1:22 pm :
I frikkin frackin AGREE!!!!

girdythebirdy replied...
Dec. 31, 2009 at 6:43 pm :
As a newbie, this is the one thing that simply is TURNING ME OFF to TeenInk. I've never used profanity and never will, so why does it take months to get published??

WriterFanatic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 11, 2010 at 11:09 pm :
Mabye because they have hundreds of papers to go through everyday. You might not hae profanity, but many others might. As a newbee, it is frustrating, I agree

ConstanceScott replied...
Jan. 14, 2010 at 1:42 pm :
Most adult literacy magazines(paper ones especially) will give you a time period in which you have to wait. There is little excuse, especially when you could put up a disclaimer like some pros do.