How Long Submissions Take to be Approved | Teen Ink

How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

on Feb. 25 2010 at 1:35 am
BloodyMary PLATINUM, N/A, Other

Life is like a box of chocolates; You never know what you are gonna get.

I agree with you. They should have an "edit article" menu so we can correct the mistakes of our submissions.

on Feb. 25 2010 at 1:34 am
BloodyMary PLATINUM, N/A, Other

I submitted an article here for the first time and it was approved after about 6 days.

Not bad, though.

It was just recently posted about yesterday.

I don't know why to some other people, it takes too long.

on Feb. 18 2010 at 9:47 am
Shrimps1995 SILVER, Portland, Oregon
I think that they should just review faster, though I believe they should still review. You never know what someone will put up just to see if they can get away with it. I think they should also let us edit it even after we've submitted it. Oh, and that they shouldn't have a number of words requirement, because things like haikus don't need to be 100 words

on Feb. 15 2010 at 7:16 pm
wordweaver96 PLATINUM, Winchester, Kentucky

" It is not our abilities but our choices that show who we truly are. "
Albus Dumbledore

See, we really DON'T have anything to fear but fear itself!

I agree partly. I think it takes way too long to review submissions. For examples, I tooka picture and uploaded it several months ago. IT STILL IS BEING REVIEWED!!! But things should be reviewed, like the previous user said. They should just be reviewed quicker.

dule05 BRONZE said...
on Feb. 15 2010 at 4:43 pm
dule05 BRONZE, Kraljevo, Other
1 article 1 photo 102 comments
I understand them because they can't just let articles be posted without reviewing them, once I reported one article because it was clearly written by someone who is a racist and it got deleted, so everything needs to be reviewed. But one thing I would suggest is that there should be an option such as "edit article" because while you proofread you really can't make sure if you missed a comma or not or some other mistake so, it really takes long for an article to be deleted and then again posted.

on Feb. 13 2010 at 4:15 pm
VioletsandVoice, Spiritwood, North Dakota
but it varies from article to article, I have about ten articles written in the two weeks I've been on teen ink and most of them are already posted. I haven't had to wait a month

on Feb. 13 2010 at 4:12 pm
Unless they decide which articles go in the magazine at the same time they are posting them...

If that isn't the case then I agree with you

on Feb. 12 2010 at 7:20 pm
alexisabbott BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

Peace. Love. Happiness.

i ahven't poosted anything yet...... but you know like i think that it should just be posted right away i mean if there is cusing i mean what is wrong with that? alot of teens cuse now so get over it. like i mean what is the deal?

on Feb. 9 2010 at 11:08 am
AnimeGirlOtaku101 BRONZE, Fultonville, New York

Soooooo ZETTA slooooow!!!

You are right, it does take them really long to approve work!!! My picture that is my scree-name pic is the piture that I put up.

casey261 GOLD said...
on Feb. 9 2010 at 7:54 am
casey261 GOLD, Hainesport, New Jersey

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

I'm telling the truth and supporting my opinion. I'm not out to ruin the site or anything. I just believe that other websites get work up uch faster than teenink.

on Feb. 9 2010 at 4:19 am
HeadshotM SILVER, Melbourne, New York

Your failure is my success

DUDE

if some guy swore on their essay and write bad things..... the submissions would display these things which R NOT GOOD

on Feb. 7 2010 at 8:45 pm
AngelGal07 GOLD, Ferndale, Washington

"If you do not love God then you do not know God for God is love" 1 John 4:8

i know!!!! i sent a poem in but i havent got a responds yet if it will go up or not. i really do wish things would go faster but i guess that they have alot to read so i shouldnt complain much.

on Jan. 30 2010 at 5:23 pm
CatherineS BRONZE, Charlotte, South Carolina

"Don't be ridiculous. You have no right to barge into people's castles and take their guitars." -Howl's Moving Castle

I submitted a review two days ago and it got in within four hours. (Howl's Moving Castle, check it out and rate, y'all!) I also submitted an article two days ago that's still waiting. I really hope it gets in soon. Also, I think there should be a word minimum here. Not too much, maybe 200 or so because a lot of the 'articles' here are super short and pointless. I think I read somewhere that there are only 5 people checking submissions. Can't remember where, but I'm willing to have a little patience. Just not sure if I have a year's worth...

casey261 GOLD said...
on Jan. 28 2010 at 4:31 pm
casey261 GOLD, Hainesport, New Jersey

Actually this article was up within three weeks, maybe the editors saw the title and were like "oh, jeez, read this one quick!" I don't know, hope you have more luck!

on Jan. 28 2010 at 2:59 pm
SarClark BRONZE, NC, Connecticut
No! Are you serious?? I just posted three, sorry four, things within a span of four days and I REALLY wanted to see them up on the wall. Agh!!! Hoping that what you say isn't true... how long did it take to get this in??? Crossed fingers!!

on Jan. 23 2010 at 11:57 am
WritingAngel20 BRONZE, Ardmore, Alabama

"In order to suceed, your desire for success must be greater than your fear of failure" -Bill Cosby

I agree but also I don't see my article anywhere and it used to say it was being approved now it doesn't say anything, y'all need to work on that.

on Jan. 17 2010 at 12:05 am
shreya756 PLATINUM, Gurgaon, Haryana, Other

When it gets dark only then can you see the stars...
If a million people believe in a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.

k...i posted mine just yesterday...so i don't really noe...but if it takes months 2 get approved, den luk at dabrighter side...ppl compliment ur work and sum may even tell u how 2 make it better...and if dose tips work...den guys, i think da waiting is worth da wait...

on Jan. 14 2010 at 1:42 pm
ConstanceScott BRONZE, Marion, South Carolina
Most adult literacy magazines(paper ones especially) will give you a time period in which you have to wait. There is little excuse, especially when you could put up a disclaimer like some pros do.

on Jan. 14 2010 at 1:37 pm
Seems to me like they do not mind posting outrageous articles on this site. Have you seen some of the rants that got to see the light of day. It should be on blogs not a literacy site.

on Jan. 11 2010 at 11:09 pm
WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
By Gandhi.

Mabye because they have hundreds of papers to go through everyday. You might not hae profanity, but many others might. As a newbee, it is frustrating, I agree