How Long Submissions Take to be Approved | Teen Ink

How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

on Jul. 10 2010 at 10:27 am
RobertoO PLATINUM, Barrington Hills, Illinois
Depends, the three that I wrote took about a month to get approved. Usually poems take longer because those are the most popular genres for submission.

on Jul. 10 2010 at 10:23 am
Every single thing that I wrote was approved, but length of time taken to approve the article ranged from 4 days to 1 1/2 months. 4 of my articles got the voted #1 message, but that just means that they post your article under recently submitted on the genre's home page for about 3 days.

menike_neko BRONZE, Howell, Michigan

"Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive any way."

Yeah I posted my stuff a two weeks ago and its still pending while my friends were published in a day.... Some are pictures how can it take so long?

on Jul. 4 2010 at 1:49 am
I can only write four letters when i comment on something  is annoying and on everything else i can comment more than four letters

LegendTitan30 GOLD, Parker, Colorado

"Anything is possible once you set your mind to it"

Well I don't know why it would be hard because all you have to do is set the profile reading for us to be able to read it. I mean I understand where your coming from but sometimes I just want to read my work. Do you understand my predicament?

MissAtomic GOLD, Sebastian, Florida

"I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful."- Marilyn Monroe

It was a review of the book "Let Me In"

ashbadash BRONZE, Ocala, Florida

Friends are like glue, they always stick by your side.

My movie review called "Letters To Juliet" took only a matter of three or four days but I just sent in this new article and it's still pending approval. I do agree with you, but I also think they're looking at it's potential in their magazine. Btw anyone who reads this plzzzzzzzz check out my movie review "Letters to Juliet" and rate and comment it please. I want it to be the most top rated article!!! Thanks and tell everyone about it!!

Aidyl BRONZE said...
Aidyl BRONZE, Oshawa, Other

"If you want a friend be a friend."

-Poster

"That's cool. Hey you know what's even cooler than triceratops? Every other dinosaur that ever existed!"
-Dwight Schrute The Office

My article took about a week and a half to be posted.

HidingBoy SILVER, Hartsdale, New York

The lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. -Ashrei

It depends on the category and how big the article is. It shouldn't usually take that long

HidingBoy SILVER, Hartsdale, New York

That would make sense

HidingBoy SILVER, Hartsdale, New York

it's probably hard for them to do that, its easiest this way or everything goes straight up

HidingBoy SILVER, Hartsdale, New York

what was it about?

Imaginedangerous PLATINUM, Riverton, Utah
Teen Ink can't have more than a hundred employees, and I suspect the actual number is much lower then that. According to the forums page, there are more than 7,000 members, and more kids than that send in work by mail... they can't put everyone on instantly.

Scoobymeg BRONZE, Gouldsboro, Pennsylvania

If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that... I believe in what I do, and I'll say it.
----John Lennon

I think it depends on the length of your article. It only took me about a week for two of mine.

on Jun. 16 2010 at 8:37 am
pollorambo GOLD, Indianapolis, Indiana

there is a difference between knowledge & Intelligents

i agree it takes to long for allthis to work

on Jun. 16 2010 at 4:44 am
K9_Typical_Islander SILVER, Koror, Other

Hours of boredom followed by moments of excitement (and adrenaline)- that's fishing

I'm a newbie to Teen Ink but so far from what I've read, if it means to wait out approval and letting editors double check our work FOR our work to be published online and even with a chance to be on TEEN INK MAG, I think that's a pretty good bargain. Sure good things happen to those who wait, just think of all those great artists (music, art & film, writing), explorers, scientists, actresses and actors...imagine how long they had to cope with and not knowing the end-result...we do, we just got to out-wait it.

didonrooney SILVER, Le Bardo, New York
yeah i'm new at this and i hope that my article doesn't take too long to get published...i don't even know why it should even wait for an approuval..doesn't any one not only have the right to write whatever he likes ...but also to be heard...or in our case read :p...

HidingBoy SILVER, Hartsdale, New York

Why though cannot we just have it posted right onto the site? I mean everything ends up being posted anyways right?

katie-cat GOLD said...
katie-cat GOLD, McClellandtown, Pennsylvania

"Look after my heart, I've left it with you."- Edward Cullen
"To love another person is to see the face of God . . ."- Les Miserables
"Don't say the old lady screamed. Bring her out and let her scream." - Mark Twain

I recently submitted a story and it only took a couple of days to get on the site, whereas some of my others take weeks.  I guess it's just a matter of length, and maybe how many other submissions they have. 

bobun16 SILVER said...
bobun16 SILVER, Mesa, Arizona

is this a trick question or what?-Calvin and Hobbes

is the time it takes to be published relative to the length of the artivle?