How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

Her.name.was.boom! said...
Jan. 11, 2010 at 10:13 am:
I have put up work since LAST YEAR and my work is STILL APPROVING!!! it's not fair for you guys to make us wait that long to wait for our work to be approved. I'm sure you gus have zllions of editors that look at our work and some that don't even pay attention to it. this is frustrating. if my work cannot be approved, then there's no need for me to post work here.

FeedTheBirds replied...
Nov. 12, 2010 at 8:22 pm :
Could any of it have been flagged for some reason? I don't know if Teen Ink notifies us if our work was declined for any reason (bad language, sketchy topic etc). Then it might seem like it's taking forever to be approved if it's already been declined.

acousticalex This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sorry for the double-post but I needed to add that several of my comments on other articles have not shown up after days.

numbernine replied...
Nov. 12, 2010 at 5:40 pm :
That's because some really long comments are filtered. It says so in the pop up you click OK on.

I'm glad someone else addressed this because it was really frustrating me to find absolutely no FAQ section involving work submission, no Help tab and no section requesting feedback for the website itself. I posted a poem at least two months ago, nothing overly risque about it, and it has yet to have been approved. Maybe they need to up the staffing at this website because it can't be that hard to skim through some writing and click Approve or Deny, or however they do this stuff.

MarinaNicole said...
Some people are crazy and try to post things that shouldn't be posted. The website and magazine are responsible for that, so obviously they're filtering through everything. It takes time, give them a break!

ConstanceScott replied...
Jan. 14, 2010 at 1:37 pm :
Seems to me like they do not mind posting outrageous articles on this site. Have you seen some of the rants that got to see the light of day. It should be on blogs not a literacy site.

xvictoriaxrose replied...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 4:47 pm :
I agree with you both. They are responsible for it. But there are some rather obscure things on here, which aren't even written in proper english.

numbernine replied...
Nov. 12, 2010 at 5:39 pm :
Honestly, the whole thing about proper English...that shouldn't be the responsibility of the website. It should be the responsibility of the author. I don't blame Teen Ink in the least for that.

casey261 said...
This article is not to be rude to the editors or to convince you to make a riot or something. It's just something I wanted to know if others dealt with.

numbernine replied...
Nov. 12, 2010 at 5:37 pm :
Well, sorry, but you're making it sound rude...

nicolekelliher133 said...
I understand why they don't post things up right away. Duh, it takes time going through hundreds of articles, plus time deciding which ones should go into the magazine but maybe they should post an estimted amount of time for an article to be published so that impatient teens won't lose their head and post not very nice messages on their website.

Sara96 said...
When I was submitting stuff last spring and this summer I was always posted with in a week and usually only a couple days. Now I have a photo that has been pending approval for 3 months. I undersand that alot of people submit stuff and that we should give the editors a break but I was just wondering what has changed.

BlackHoleHighAlumni This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 12, 2010 at 5:35 pm :
I think a lot of it has to do with how much YOU post. I have like a bagillion articles and for the first few months they got posted after a few days, now they're taking longer. But then again some only take a few days...

ashley2055 said...
Please don't be rude when you comment. If you agree with me, then you can say so. If you're just going to tell me how many people submit things here each day, don't waste your time.

KaplunkyMonkey said...
Teen Ink gets hundreds of submissions a day. All of these submissions have to be censored for language and sensitive material. So if you want the process to hurry up do the site a favor and asterisk out your own profanities for one.

ashley2055 said...
I realize that not all articles are approtiate and decent, but they're all posted. I'm also on inkpop .com and when I post a short story or poem there, it goes up right away unless I don't want it to.

Angel*music*lover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Give the people who work on the site a break, they're probably trying as hard as they can!

ashley2055 said...
thanks for the comments and viewings. it was rated number one!!!! thanks again!

ashley2055 replied...
Dec. 18, 2009 at 2:36 pm :
by the way I'm the author. realized I posted it anonymously.

DeeJay said...
i agree 100%. people on this site need to review work faster. i have seven articles waiting, the newest one being a MONTH old.