How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

shreya756 said...
Jan. 17, 2010 at 12:05 am
k...i posted mine just yesterday...so i don't really noe...but if it takes months 2 get approved, den luk at dabrighter side...ppl compliment ur work and sum may even tell u how 2 make it better...and if dose tips work...den guys, i think da waiting is worth da wait...

WriterFanatic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
replying to my earlier message, I apologize. I relize that you guys must go through tons a day. Does anyone know why poetry takes the longest to go through??

xvictoriaxrose replied...
Perhaps it's because poetry is more abstract and people could hide innuendos within it easier? Good question!

WriterFanatic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks. True poetry would take longer to go through because it is quite complex. Thanks.

FeedTheBirds replied...
Also, poetry is easily submitted in bulk. If everyone here (7000 members about) submits ten poems of various lengths and Teen Ink has 10 poetry readers/editors - that's a lot of manpower for ONE section. (And if you submit even one poem a day - that adds up).

Chloe-e-e-e replied...

Sorry, for my reply WriterFanatic. I didn't read this first (I'm reading from the bottom up), but I am just really frusterated with everyone being mad at Teen Ink. They're trying to help us and it's not like we pay them or anything. We should feel happy they'r allowing us to post our stuff.

And I think the reason poetry takes so long is because it's so popular and so many people submit tons and tons of poetry. It's one of the most popular sections on Teen Ink. Hope that helps!

It is frustrating! If my submissions are not approved, what good does it do to post them?!!

Chloe-e-e-e replied...
Honestly, you should feel lucky there is even a website/magazine like this. Most Teen magazines only have a dult writers. How unfair is that? Give Teen Ink a break. They're trying to make dreams come true and they can't do it all in one day.

Her.name.was.boom! said...
Jan. 11, 2010 at 10:13 am
I have put up work since LAST YEAR and my work is STILL APPROVING!!! it's not fair for you guys to make us wait that long to wait for our work to be approved. I'm sure you gus have zllions of editors that look at our work and some that don't even pay attention to it. this is frustrating. if my work cannot be approved, then there's no need for me to post work here.

Chloe-e-e-e replied...

Then don't. If you can't be patient enough to wait for Teen Ink, then just leave. Honestly, you should feel lucky there is even a website/magazine like this. Most Teen magazines only have a dult writers. How unfair is that? Give Teen Ink a break. They're trying to make dreams come true and they can't do it all in one day.

And don't even try to say I don't know what it's like to wait, 'cause fyi I do.

FeedTheBirds replied...
Could any of it have been flagged for some reason? I don't know if Teen Ink notifies us if our work was declined for any reason (bad language, sketchy topic etc). Then it might seem like it's taking forever to be approved if it's already been declined.

acousticalex This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sorry for the double-post but I needed to add that several of my comments on other articles have not shown up after days.

numbernine replied...
That's because some really long comments are filtered. It says so in the pop up you click OK on.

I'm glad someone else addressed this because it was really frustrating me to find absolutely no FAQ section involving work submission, no Help tab and no section requesting feedback for the website itself. I posted a poem at least two months ago, nothing overly risque about it, and it has yet to have been approved. Maybe they need to up the staffing at this website because it can't be that hard to skim through some writing and click Approve or Deny, or however they do this stuff.

MarinaNicole said...
Some people are crazy and try to post things that shouldn't be posted. The website and magazine are responsible for that, so obviously they're filtering through everything. It takes time, give them a break!

ConstanceScott replied...
Seems to me like they do not mind posting outrageous articles on this site. Have you seen some of the rants that got to see the light of day. It should be on blogs not a literacy site.

xvictoriaxrose replied...
I agree with you both. They are responsible for it. But there are some rather obscure things on here, which aren't even written in proper english.

numbernine replied...
Honestly, the whole thing about proper English...that shouldn't be the responsibility of the website. It should be the responsibility of the author. I don't blame Teen Ink in the least for that.

casey261 said...
This article is not to be rude to the editors or to convince you to make a riot or something. It's just something I wanted to know if others dealt with.

numbernine replied...
Well, sorry, but you're making it sound rude...