How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

alexisabbott said...
Feb. 12, 2010 at 7:20 pm:
i ahven't poosted anything yet...... but you know like i think that it should just be posted right away i mean if there is cusing i mean what is wrong with that? alot of teens cuse now so get over it. like i mean what is the deal?

BlackHoleHighAlumniThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 12, 2010 at 5:50 pm :
Completely agree Jaquie!

RukiaKuchiki123 said...
Feb. 9, 2010 at 11:08 am:
You are right, it does take them really long to approve work!!! My picture that is my scree-name pic is the piture that I put up.

casey261 said...
Feb. 9, 2010 at 7:54 am:
I'm telling the truth and supporting my opinion. I'm not out to ruin the site or anything. I just believe that other websites get work up uch faster than teenink.

HeadshotM said...
Feb. 9, 2010 at 4:19 am:
DUDE
if some guy swore on their essay and write bad things..... the submissions would display these things which R NOT GOOD

AngelGal07 said...
Feb. 7, 2010 at 8:45 pm:
i know!!!! i sent a poem in but i havent got a responds yet if it will go up or not. i really do wish things would go faster but i guess that they have alot to read so i shouldnt complain much.

CSJS! said...
I submitted a review two days ago and it got in within four hours. (Howl's Moving Castle, check it out and rate, y'all!) I also submitted an article two days ago that's still waiting. I really hope it gets in soon. Also, I think there should be a word minimum here. Not too much, maybe 200 or so because a lot of the 'articles' here are super short and pointless. I think I read somewhere that there are only 5 people checking submissions. Can't remember where, but I�... (more »)

Laughternchoclate said...
No! Are you serious?? I just posted three, sorry four, things within a span of four days and I REALLY wanted to see them up on the wall. Agh!!! Hoping that what you say isn't true... how long did it take to get this in??? Crossed fingers!!

casey261 replied...
Jan. 28, 2010 at 4:31 pm :
Actually this article was up within three weeks, maybe the editors saw the title and were like "oh, jeez, read this one quick!" I don't know, hope you have more luck!

WritingAngel20 said...
Jan. 23, 2010 at 11:57 am:
I agree but also I don't see my article anywhere and it used to say it was being approved now it doesn't say anything, y'all need to work on that.

Nov. 12, 2010 at 5:48 pm :
If it's still pending approval, then you won't be able to see it. You won't be able to see it until it's posted to the website. That's why they tell you to keep a copy. :)

shreya756 said...
Jan. 17, 2010 at 12:05 am:
k...i posted mine just yesterday...so i don't really noe...but if it takes months 2 get approved, den luk at dabrighter side...ppl compliment ur work and sum may even tell u how 2 make it better...and if dose tips work...den guys, i think da waiting is worth da wait...

WriterFanaticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
replying to my earlier message, I apologize. I relize that you guys must go through tons a day. Does anyone know why poetry takes the longest to go through??

xvictoriaxrose replied...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 4:42 pm :
Perhaps it's because poetry is more abstract and people could hide innuendos within it easier? Good question!

WriterFanaticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 4:56 pm :
Thanks. True poetry would take longer to go through because it is quite complex. Thanks.

FeedTheBirds replied...
Sept. 26, 2010 at 5:27 pm :
Also, poetry is easily submitted in bulk. If everyone here (7000 members about) submits ten poems of various lengths and Teen Ink has 10 poetry readers/editors - that's a lot of manpower for ONE section. (And if you submit even one poem a day - that adds up).

Chloe-e-e-e replied...
Nov. 12, 2010 at 5:46 pm :

Sorry, for my reply WriterFanatic. I didn't read this first (I'm reading from the bottom up), but I am just really frusterated with everyone being mad at Teen Ink. They're trying to help us and it's not like we pay them or anything. We should feel happy they'r allowing us to post our stuff.

And I think the reason poetry takes so long is because it's so popular and so many people submit tons and tons of poetry. It's one of the most popular sections on Teen Ink. Hope that helps!

It is frustrating! If my submissions are not approved, what good does it do to post them?!!

Chloe-e-e-e replied...
Nov. 12, 2010 at 5:43 pm :
Honestly, you should feel lucky there is even a website/magazine like this. Most Teen magazines only have a dult writers. How unfair is that? Give Teen Ink a break. They're trying to make dreams come true and they can't do it all in one day.

Her.name.was.boom! said...
Jan. 11, 2010 at 10:13 am:
I have put up work since LAST YEAR and my work is STILL APPROVING!!! it's not fair for you guys to make us wait that long to wait for our work to be approved. I'm sure you gus have zllions of editors that look at our work and some that don't even pay attention to it. this is frustrating. if my work cannot be approved, then there's no need for me to post work here.

Chloe-e-e-e replied...
Nov. 12, 2010 at 5:43 pm :

Then don't. If you can't be patient enough to wait for Teen Ink, then just leave. Honestly, you should feel lucky there is even a website/magazine like this. Most Teen magazines only have a dult writers. How unfair is that? Give Teen Ink a break. They're trying to make dreams come true and they can't do it all in one day.

And don't even try to say I don't know what it's like to wait, 'cause fyi I do.