How Long Submissions Take to be Approved | Teen Ink

How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

sakurasnowflake GOLD, Westborough, Massachusetts

"As long as I live I will have control over my being"
By: Artemisia Gentileschi

i sent them a email, and they eventually sent me a reply. But i was heartbroken when i found out that my poem didnt make it!! But i didnt give up, because after that i sent like 10 more to them...LOL!!

on May. 1 2010 at 10:00 am
dxrider27 SILVER, Howard Beach, New York

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

Sorry, I mean CassieSherman14. Lolzzz

on May. 1 2010 at 9:57 am

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

No, no pictures CassoeSherman14, but would u like to be my friend on here' I have none.

Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

Don't worry I'm still waiting to get published too. I have some pictures you should check out though. Do you?

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

Yeah Hopefully

I am kind of new to but don't worry you'll get published sometime.

I totally agree with you... I have confidence I will do well and I'm sure you will too but not so much on patience... Just remember though that anything worth waiting for in life might take a long time to happen and will take a lot of patience... don't worry our writing will show up eventually.Don't give up.  Also if you don't get published in like writing a poem then try writing a story or something else and that might help. the more you post and the more catagories you post in the more likely are to be published in something. Good luck!!!

I totally agree! The first two things I have submitted to teenink were poems and when I submit pictures they can posted on the sight in a few days and the poems still aren't on the website. Sure it probably takes a while but it should be quicker.

on Apr. 30 2010 at 10:23 am
AnonyMOUSE BRONZE, Canon City, Colorado
I don't agree that they shouldn't go through an approval process, because what kind of c*** would end up in the photography section? I agree, however, that it takes forever for written work to be published. I have submitted like four images and they have all been posted within days. But my two written works are still pending approval. There has to be a better way for them to do it.

awesomeman123 SILVER, Mount Hood Parkdale, Oregon

"Be the change you want to see in the world"
--Mahatma Ghandi

they should let the authors view the stuff even if it isnt approved yet

--Mahatma Ghandi

does anyone know how long it usually takes for a freeverse poem to get approved?

_KTLS_ PLATINUM, McMurray, Pennsylvania
I think approval time really just depends upon what genre in which you are posting; my book reviews were up relatively quickly, but my college essays and other, opinionated articles still haven't been approved. I don't mind all that much, really. I think the "less popular" genres (i.e. book reviews) will be approved quicker than the "more popular" genres (i.e. fiction) because there is less to sift through each day. :D

on Apr. 27 2010 at 10:18 am
Yvonne Brown BRONZE, Kansas, Kansas
yes i agree with you I sumitted four poems last month & there are still pending approvel.

robbi BRONZE said...
robbi BRONZE, Goldsboro, North Carolina

quotes are for people who are too uncreative to come up with their own sources of information.----ME.

yes it is ridiculous how long it takes.  there is no reason it should takes more than a few weeks. 

Thinker PLATINUM, Na, Connecticut

A wise word does not make the speaker wise.

They could send work to the readers for review and then have them return a report on the pieces at random, that might save them some time.

Thinker PLATINUM, Na, Connecticut

Maby the reason it takes so long is that the editor want to be the first to read the work; so that way it can be online and in the magizne on the same day. I agree though it does take quite a bit of time, by the time they actually start publishing my work I will probably have over a hundred pieces waiting to be reviewed. I suppose that if you wanted it to go up quickly you could always post your work in respose to another persons.

EllaMcFarley BRONZE, Madison, Wisconsin

"See ya later, Herc, it's been a real slice." -Megera from Hercules (my avatar!)
"I can't turn left!" -Zoolander
"Someone get these mother f***ing snakes off this mother f***ing plane!" -Samuel L. Jackson in Snakes On a Plane (funniest movie ever)

YES!!! This is soooo annoying... I agree, that it should be posted immediately. Then if someone finds it offensive, they can report it, and then the people who look through stuff only have to go through those things reported!!!!

By: Artemisia Gentileschi

I KNOW RIGHT!!! I mean its been about two weeks since i submitted atleast 3 poems, and i really want to know if they would get published in the magazine(i have confidence in my work). BUT IT IS TAKING THEM FOREVER TO REPLY, and i don't have that much patience!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

I am extremely new to this and I submitted 4 works and I hope it doesn't take as long as you say it does

Samantha101 BRONZE, Kaysville, Utah

"Write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow…” –Lawrence C. Powell

Really? That's interesting. What genre is your piece? The day that I signed up for TeenInk (about two weeks ago), I submitted something. I was published three days ago.