How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

Fashionista said...
Mar. 18, 2010 at 3:38 pm:
actually, I got my one photo on in just a few days....
but my writings taking a lot longer

creativityrules said...
Mar. 16, 2010 at 4:18 am:
waiting..... and waiting......... and waiting....zzzzzzzzz........ yawn.... oh man, m nt a teen anymore!!!

starlight26:) replied...
Mar. 19, 2010 at 8:42 pm :
Hehe that is so true!! im still waitingggggg.....ugh

Evangeline said...
Mar. 12, 2010 at 12:53 am:
I agree that it takes way too long(I waited for about a month to get my article approve). But, hey, there's the pros too of having an article go through this system. This is a good way to keep articles with inappropriate content out of Teen Ink. Personally, I feel that this is a necessary thing. We have kids accessing this site and it would be good for them to read inappropriate content. Maybe Teen Ink could get more trusted people to help out in the approving process? The long wait gives u... (more »)

Rose19 said...
Mar. 7, 2010 at 8:36 am:
If articles are not reviewed.. abusive terms and topics might easily find their way onto this site.. so to avoid that.. articles need to be reviewed.. and when thousands of ppl submit articles everyday it aint easy to employ as many ppl.. so I guess there is no other way out..

JordanBlue said...
Mar. 5, 2010 at 3:13 pm:
TAKES FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

francinejar said...
Mar. 4, 2010 at 9:52 pm:
still waiting

francinejar said...
Mar. 1, 2010 at 8:30 pm:
i am new and still waiting

Zazawish777 replied...
Mar. 2, 2010 at 7:34 pm :
it takes forever!

alwayswriting14 said...
Feb. 27, 2010 at 4:21 pm:
I agree. It does take a long time to upload the articles and art.

mary_blue356This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 25, 2010 at 1:34 am:
I submitted an article here for the first time and it was approved after about 6 days.
Not bad, though.
It was just recently posted about yesterday.
I don't know why to some other people, it takes too long.

Shrimps1995 said...
Feb. 18, 2010 at 9:47 am:
I think that they should just review faster, though I believe they should still review. You never know what someone will put up just to see if they can get away with it. I think they should also let us edit it even after we've submitted it. Oh, and that they shouldn't have a number of words requirement, because things like haikus don't need to be 100 words

BlackHoleHighAlumniThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 12, 2010 at 5:53 pm :
I don't think they have a word requirement. I've posted things with three lines. They have a word max. (2,500) but just because these are supposed to be short stories and not novels.

writer24/7/365 said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 7:16 pm:
I agree partly. I think it takes way too long to review submissions. For examples, I tooka picture and uploaded it several months ago. IT STILL IS BEING REVIEWED!!! But things should be reviewed, like the previous user said. They should just be reviewed quicker.

<невидљив> This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 4:43 pm:
I understand them because they can't just let articles be posted without reviewing them, once I reported one article because it was clearly written by someone who is a racist and it got deleted, so everything needs to be reviewed. But one thing I would suggest is that there should be an option such as "edit article" because while you proofread you really can't make sure if you missed a comma or not or some other mistake so, it really takes long for an article to be deleted an... (more »)

mary_blue356This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 25, 2010 at 1:35 am :
I agree with you. They should have an "edit article" menu so we can correct the mistakes of our submissions.

notebookgirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 13, 2010 at 4:15 pm:
but it varies from article to article, I have about ten articles written in the two weeks I've been on teen ink and most of them are already posted. I haven't had to wait a month

Feb. 13, 2010 at 4:12 pm:
Unless they decide which articles go in the magazine at the same time they are posting them...
If that isn't the case then I agree with you

alexisabbott said...
Feb. 12, 2010 at 7:20 pm:
i ahven't poosted anything yet...... but you know like i think that it should just be posted right away i mean if there is cusing i mean what is wrong with that? alot of teens cuse now so get over it. like i mean what is the deal?

Jaquie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 19, 2010 at 4:06 pm :
The 'big deal' is that this site is for posting literature. True literature. If you want to talk trash there are many other places to do so.