How Long Submissions Take to be Approved | Teen Ink

How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

Josey Rae said...
on Dec. 12 2010 at 1:01 pm
Thanks RallyR! I sent something seven months ago and I haven't seen it since. Now I know that they probably didn't loose it or anything, or at least I hope so. Hopefully it won't take too much longer to get on this website.

on Dec. 11 2010 at 10:07 pm
Writer24 SILVER, Acton, Massachusetts
I agree that this shouldn't have been an article. It is a good point though, they do publish everything but I still have to wait.

on Dec. 8 2010 at 10:01 pm
Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

It initially took me a long time to get articles published, but now any time I update a novel chapter it generally goes up within days, a week at the most. I guess it's a proven track record sort of thing.

on Dec. 8 2010 at 8:09 pm
ComeOnEileen BRONZE, New Carlisle, Ohio

Writer's block, meet writer's hammer.- Me on a frustrating day.

finally did get posted, and it took maybe a month. don't give up, guys. it's worth it.

TheJust ELITE said...
on Dec. 7 2010 at 2:59 pm
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

it all depends

TheJust ELITE said...
on Dec. 7 2010 at 2:58 pm
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

It's just letters to the editor... use the title of the article your commenting about as the title to your letter. It helps...

TheJust ELITE said...
on Dec. 7 2010 at 2:57 pm
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

They e-mail you...

on Dec. 6 2010 at 2:13 am
janae0992 BRONZE, North Las Vegas, Nevada
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
How do you submit a letter to the editor regarding a certain article?

asofnow GOLD said...
on Dec. 4 2010 at 4:49 pm
asofnow GOLD, Troy, Michigan

Nothing gold can stay ~ Robert Frost

ok so how long does it take to pend approval? is it that if they want it they take short amt of time? or no? very curious??

on Dec. 4 2010 at 2:29 pm
kelliejo19 GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
How did you know when you got in the magizine?

LunaLives GOLD said...
on Dec. 3 2010 at 7:11 pm
LunaLives GOLD, South Bend, Indiana

Because I can!-Me "Life is a choice and death is a decision"-Lil Wayne

It only takes me about a few weeks at a time. I'm currently waiting for 1 of my poems to be posted. It is titled "I believed you loved me. I think it might get in the magazine. That's my dream. I can't wait until its aporved! 

on Dec. 3 2010 at 4:04 pm
blackveilbrideschickies BRONZE, Brackenridge, Pennsylvania
I don't really mind not getting published online but I have numerous times.....I just wish I could get published in the magazine.

on Dec. 2 2010 at 11:09 pm
NidaLOL23 BRONZE, South Barrington, Illinois

U'll Never Know If You Don't Try... :)

i deffffffffff agree on this oneee!! why not just aprove it right away and get it out of the way? why wait?!

TheJust ELITE said...
on Dec. 2 2010 at 6:51 pm
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

Well, it depends on where you commented. Usually on opinion pieces they take a while to get posted because they want to make sure nothing inappropriate gets posted.

TheJust ELITE said...
on Dec. 2 2010 at 6:50 pm
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

No way! Usually they'll post them all at once! Don't give up on Teen Ink...I was here for nine months before I got published the first time. They'll e-mail when they get posted...

on Nov. 28 2010 at 12:51 pm
BrainsANDBeauty PLATINUM, Donnellson, Iowa

I knew that guy when he was a caterpillar, you know, before he 'came out'

These kinds of things irritate me.  This is not a well written article, this should be a forum.  I respect your opinion, but I don't think this should be a number one piece.

on Nov. 26 2010 at 9:55 pm
Brooklynn SILVER, Lake Villa, Illinois

"life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how i react to it" John Maxwell

why censor what goes on the site anyway? they are not going to tell somone sorry your writing has to much emotion?

Meli14 BRONZE said...
on Nov. 24 2010 at 1:47 am
Meli14 BRONZE, Othello, Washington

"god is love, and love is real"

I Am Free   Please read/rate thanks(:

KellyR GOLD said...
on Nov. 22 2010 at 8:13 pm
KellyR GOLD, Richmond, Virginia

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

You know what wierd? When I first joined like 2 years ago it was like that for me, but now it only takes a couple of days. Maybe the longer you are a memeber it goes faster? I really don't know. Anyways, what I find truely frusterating is when I type a really long comment and then it either doesn't post at all! (reeeeeeaally annoying) no matter if i refresh the page and try again or anything I do, or it takes a long time to post (subtley annoying)

Josey Rae said...
on Nov. 21 2010 at 6:57 pm
I'm on month six :(