How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

WritingJulia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I sent my first work to Teen Ink last week and have been anxious to hear a responce... thanks for the info!! 

Hamlette said...
It's their site. I think they can do what they like with it. It's not like we pay them.

BlackHoleHighAlumni This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 25, 2010 at 7:40 pm :
Completely agree! :)

BaileyBee. replied...
Nov. 14, 2010 at 2:18 pm :
Haha. 

BlackHoleHighAlumni This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It has to be approved for inappropriate content and you can check if it was not approved by going to "My Work" and if it is no longer in the shaded in section at the top and if it has not been posted, then it was rejected.

BlackScarlett said...
yeah i only post peoms its been at least a month since ive sent in my work and it hasn't been posted. I't nothing inappropriate or n/e thing it just about nature. It irks me.

xoxbegurl01xox replied...
Oct. 11, 2010 at 9:19 am :
i think that it takes so long to be posted because if you think about it they have so many people on this website posting all their creations at the same time online.  so it will probably take a while for whoever is approving it.  all it takes is some pactince. 

Navy_Baby011 said...
i agree, it took mines almost a month or two just to be posted on here and that was just one of my works.

jlw11 said...
Oct. 8, 2010 at 9:44 am:
I agree completely!!! Our work should be published almost immediately. I mean, they do have a right to view to make sure there are not threats and stuff like that. But we also have a right to write about whatever we please. It may seem inappropriate to them, but to us it may be relevant. Bottom line: our work is important to us, and no matter what is in it, it deserves to be published on the site.

HoveringNearBy replied...
Oct. 27, 2010 at 5:35 pm :

Interesting point.

Yes you are free to write what you wish; however, when you ask another person/group to publish your site they have the right to refuse/censor.

If you just want to publish your own materials, the answer is a BLOG. No censoring there, and no wait to publish!

Teen ink is a beautiful forum for young writers.  Be thankful.

jlw11 replied...
Oct. 28, 2010 at 12:24 pm :
Oh, believe me, I am very thankful for TeenInk. It is the only place, (other than my own personal notebook), that I can show others my work. No one that I know personally is on TeenInk, so I have no worries about being embarrassed and such. I have nothing to hold me back. I understand that they have the full right to refuse our work and stuff like that, I just wish it didn't take so long... Writing is my way of dealing with certain things and when I see it published, it helps me to heal... Like ... (more »)

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 8, 2010 at 2:07 pm :
I agree. This has to be my favorite site on the internet. I wish it didn't take so long to publish, but I kind of see it as a necessary evil.

anqeleadbby said...
Oct. 4, 2010 at 10:59 am:
it could be innapropriate. Im still waiting for mine to be approved too, it has to do with addiction, but i think it may be too graphic.

ChekaRenee23 said...
Sept. 29, 2010 at 12:33 am:
They own your words of the piece(s) that you send them. You could still send the same piece(s) to other publishing places though.

~Air~ said...
Well, I once wrote an article on a.bortion, and I didn't receive a letter saying that it wasn't accepted. Instead, it was never put on the site, and it vanished from the "My Work" column. I guess some things just aren't put on here. They probably want to approve it to make sure that it is appropriate enough.

Oct. 16, 2010 at 9:35 am :
If it is no longer on your My Stuff then it was rejected. :/

Josey Rae said...
I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO confused!If you send an article to the magazine, will it get up onto the website even if it doesn't get into the magazine?

casey261 replied...
Sept. 26, 2010 at 1:11 pm :
Almost anything is published to the site. Most things are never in the magazine unless they are really good.

Josey Rae replied...
Sept. 26, 2010 at 1:30 pm :
Thank you! Wish my articles luck then! Maybe they'll get on the website soon...

Josey Rae said...
I sent two fiction articles four months ago to the magazine, and still have heard nothing back from them.  :(