Authority not helping Depression & Suicide | Teen Ink

Authority not helping Depression & Suicide

Depression is something we all face but will never know how to go about getting rid of it. Everyone always says things will get better but will they really? Everything seems just so distant and impossible. All of us have our own ways of drowning out the pain, some of them being non lethal to a couple somewhat potentially lethal solutions if you would like to call them that. The teenage years in a persons life can be from not really depressing for some of us to extremely depressing. But is there anything that can really take depression away from teenagers or is it inevitable? We all have one thing that makes us happy and we all know it. That one thing that makes us happy has the ability to zone out everything else that makes us sad in the world. The "Authority" in our world that keeps us from hurting ourselves if we try always will keep us away from that "Pain Reliever." Take it from me, I was in the hospital for a couple days from trying to permant solution to a temporary problem. I just wanted to be home with my family, friends, music & video games but they will not let that happen. The authority in this world pushes us to go even more insane when we are already on the brink. If any of the authority figures reads this article at any point in time let it be the Police, Hospital employees, any of you. Let it be known that we all know your gimmicks and tricks to make us all fade away from this world. We all know and something will be done, sooner or later