Hemangioma | Teen Ink

Hemangioma

What is Hemangioma?
Hemangioma is the most common type of vascular birthmark. It is a noncancerous tumor of cells called endothelial cells,(endothelial cells is the thin layer of cells that line the blood vessals.) You can basically get hemangioma anywhere in your body.

Most apper during the first weeks of life,and then grows rapidly for 6-12 months.Then they start to shrink which may take 7 years. Finally the tumor gets to stage which has shunk and will never regrow.

Tumor regresstion is completein 50% of children by age five and 70% by age seven. By the time a child is ten or twelve the tumor is always comple. Some fat tissue or thin skin may remain. So my point is hemangioma is no disease just kinda like a rare infection.
What causes Hemangioma?
Hemangioma is not heraditary, but 10% of infants have a family history of these birthmarks. No known food, drug, or activity can cause Hemangioma. Hemangioma is a collkection of extra blood vessels in the skin.

There are types of hemangioma:
1.
Stawberry Hemangioma
2.
Deep or cancerous Hemangioma
3.
Combined Hemangioma
Most hemangioma does no require any treatment other than observation, because it goes away on its own.