Stop Pollution Now

Pollution is a really big problem in our planet and it must be stopped immediately. It must be stopped before our planet goes extinct. There are three main reasons, in my opinion, why pollution should be stopped. We can’t keep living in some of the conditions our planet is on because of us and what we do to it.

The first reason why we should stop pollution is that pollution is destroying the environment we live in. Power stations produce nearly 10 billion tons of carbon dioxide per year. Carbon dioxide is a big contribution for pollution. Carbon dioxide affects our climate in many different ways. The way it works is that basically certain 'greenhouse gases' can't escape from our atmosphere because they get trapped. CO2 is what plants need to create oxygen. But when there is too much carbon dioxide being admitted into our environment from burning fossil fuels, cars etc, and we are cutting down trees for paper, it is imbalanced. Pollution is the introduction of harmful contaminants into an environment that causes instability, disorder, harm or discomfort to living organisms and ecosystems.In 1987, the U.S. released 1.2 million tons of toxic chemicals into our atmosphere, 670,000 tons into our soil, and 250,000 tons into our water. 40% of America’s rivers and 46% of America’s lakes are too polluted for fishing, swimming, or aquatic life. This shows that water pollution, air pollution, and ground pollution are common.

The second reason why we should stop pollution is that it also affects us humans. Pollution also affects human life and that is a big problem. According to the US-EPA, emissions from power plants contribute to over 2,800 lung cancer deaths and 38,200 heart attacks annually in the US. The risk of cancer from breathing diesel gas is about ten times more than ingesting all other toxic air pollutants combined, with diesel emissions contributing to over 70% of the cancer risk from air pollution in the USA. both developing and developed nations, fossil fuel consumption- mostly by industry, vehicles and power plants, releases air pollutants such as particulate matter, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, and ground-level ozone. According to the World Health Organization, indoor air pollution from the burning of coal or biomass fuels like wood jeopardizes perhaps half of humanity. Air pollution causes 2 million deaths per year, mostly from heart disease and respiratory disorders like infections and lung cancer.

The third reason why we should stop pollution is that if we do, we can live longer on this planet. If we dont stop pollution and global warming, something really bad will happen to every. Our existance, humans, won’t be over if we do the right thing if we all help the environment. Modern humans have been on Earth for 200,000 years and in those years, humans have destroyed the planet so quick. We can live longer and extend our existance on this planet so that our children’s children’s can live in a planet without worries.

In conclusion, pollution must be stopped immediatly and once in for all. This is our only home and we must protect it and take care of it as much as we can. pollution must be stopped before we ruin our planet. We can live anywhere else, therefore we must try to save it.

Realist said...
today at 5:08 pm
..."The second reason why we should stop pollution is that it also affects us humans."... Interesting that the poisoning of humans is not the priority. Self-preservation is taking a back seat to "saving" a planet that can take way more pollution than us. The pollution will kill off our species before the planet, then the planet will be "saved". The climate agenda, yes AGENDA, has nothing to do with actually eliminating pollution, just eliminating people in the name ... (more »)

Janana said...
Jun. 22 at 4:01 am
Ha ha ha

crystal said...
Jun. 9 at 4:00 am
I wrote this for my class and got an A for it ... THANK YOU FOR THE SPEECH!!!

ammu said...
Jan. 1 at 11:37 am
I think so it is right that we should stop pollutoin

anushu said...
May 12, 2016 at 6:54 am
It is very nice essay and its language is also very easy ... It helps me in exam so I say it thankyou so much.........

penis said...
Apr. 4, 2016 at 10:03 am
great exsplanation

Cathy said...
Jun. 14, 2015 at 12:24 am
Can I use this in a speech? Plz? I need to get some ideas for the 2015 Speak Up Awards.

loveenaru said...
Apr. 21, 2015 at 5:30 am
im gonna use it in a speech

devli said...
Apr. 12, 2015 at 12:18 am
this is good essy.i am wrote this essy in my exam and i got 7/7 marks thank you ... ....

amaan said...
This is very nicely written and also helped me in writing my essay on pollution as am a teen

crystal replied...
Jun. 9 at 4:09 am
The speech totally helped me too!:)

Nikita said...
I spotted a few errors while reading this article. I get that pollution is bad, but how do you except me to take this article seriously if the writing is similar to an 8th grader?

Lisbeth replied...
HE IS TEYING HIS BEST SO CALM DOWN