Environmental Mess Up | Teen Ink

Environmental Mess Up MAG

Today all I hear about is the total mess we're making of the planet Earth, and I have to admit that some of us are doing a lot to try to make the earth a better place, while some of us are sitting around doing nothing. These people don't seem to care about their future or the future of generations to come who have to live on this planet. There's so much to be done, and so much we can do that would make a difference.

With all the specials on television and protests about pollution, nuclear disarmament and ozone depletion, you'd think that the few who are doing something would get the point across that The Earth is our Home and we have to take care of it!!!

Companies who destroy the environment by dumping their waste in the ground, sea, or air disgust me. When I turn on the television, the first thing I hear is "today scientists discovered another hole in the ozone" or "an oil spill in Alaska killed all fish and water fowl for 200 square miles and is expected to seriously reduce the amount of animals in the area who have to drink the water." When I hear these things, it saddens me greatly because I know in my heart it is the fault of the people who don't care or don't have enough time to recycle or pick up the can on the ground that will be the end of us all. We, the people who do recycle and do care for the present and future of the earth and the future generations, will suffer for the laziness of the people who don't care. n