Dear Litterbug This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was sitting in the park yesterday enjoying the beautiful colors of autumn when I happened to see you flick your cigarette butt onto the steps of the gazebo and, as if that weren't enough, you also seemed to forget to pick up your coke can that you tossed short of the trash receptacle. I felt anger welling up and I thought, Here's a man who has no regard whatsoever for the beauty of this planet. He seems to think that he can just have his way with it and everything will turn out all right. He must think that someone is always following him around and picking up after him. I will admit that I couldn't help but throw them away once you had left and I was sure you wouldn't be doing it yourself.

And this is what I want to say to you in response to your actions: You are an evil man. You have no regard for the future of this planet and the generations who are to come. Many people argue that it is silly to think that we could destroy this gigantic, God-made world. Well, maybe they're right, but we can certainly make it a disgusting place to live in, and it is people like you who perpetuate the system. I certainly hope this little letter, this small piece of paper, can help in some way change your mind and let you see the wrongs that you have done. Oh, and by the way, make sure that once you've finished reading this, you recycle it.