Solar Power This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The world's naturalresources are being consumed at an alarming rate, and people are seekingdifferent sources to generate electricity for heat and light. The only known wayto solve this crisis is solar energy.

Solar energy is the radiant energyproduced in the sun as a result of nuclear fusion reactions. Solar energy is, ofcourse, only available during the day, but we just need to use a small amount ofthat released energy to convert it into energy that can be stored.

It is awonder that solar power has not yet been harnessed to power the world. Siliconand plastics, the materials used to build solar collectors, are readilyavailable. Silicon is the second most abundant element in the Earth's crust.Solar panels could be placed virtually anywhere: on the roofs of houses or in thesides of buildings.

Widespread use of solar power could be a realitytoday, but oil companies, the leading researchers in nuclear and solartechnology, would rather stay with nuclear energy because it makes more money.Solar power is cheaper because you cannot turn off the sun; its energy cannot beexhausted as is occurring with fossil fuels. To maintain their hold on the fossilfuel market, these large oil companies are buying out smaller companiesdeveloping feasible solar power plants.

Solar power is the onlyalternative to the polluting fossil fuels. It is inevitable that one day thesupply of fossil fuels will run out, leaving solar power as the only alternative.Solar panels are silent, produce no pollutant emissions and use no fuel besidessunlight.

We must save our planet and prepare for the future. It isimperative that we conserve energy. We need to be less dependent on electricityand electric products. The use of coal, oil and gasoline is a constant drain onthe environment. There is no time like the present to think about the future, andwhere our future energy will come from.

Kkk.... said...
Feb. 24 at 12:59 pm
Helllloooooooooooooooo

KEEMSTARRRRRRThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 23 at 9:13 am
LEAFY IS OFF YOUTUBE!!!!!!!!

Feb. 23 at 9:05 am
THIS GROUP SUCKKSSSSSSSSSS

Feb. 23 at 9:04 am
HI ZAHN IM YOUR HOST KILLER KEEMSTAR

Feb. 23 at 9:04 am
IMMMMMM YOUR HOST KILLER KEEM STAR LEEEETSS GET RIGGGHHHT INTO THE NEWS

KKKEEMSTAR said...
Leafy u Suk

im dead said...
im gonna die

Suckmynuts said...
What up bitches

Suckmynuts said...
What up bitches

Leafy said...
Shut up Kemstar

KKKEEMSTAR said...
WHERE IS ALEX.

Delena665 said...
Well these are very important to kids and can be very important to us.

Delena665 said...

Baemonkey679 said...
Do you need a new space bar?????

Skittleboypancke22 said...
English we all speak it... Do u

Kkk.... replied...
Feb. 24 at 12:56 pm
No gibberish

Skittlegirlwaffle21 said...
Can you even English BRUH

5sosfangirl said...
Nov. 5, 2015 at 11:40 am
BRUH you forgot spaces

Nikki.20 said...
Nov. 5, 2015 at 11:34 am
Learn how to use spaces

5sosfangirl replied...
Nov. 5, 2015 at 11:41 am
Amen sister