Global Warming or Global Cooling?

Over the recent years, politicians have been discussing the topic of Global Warming and how it affects our planet. The politicians have been saying the polar ice caps are melting, there has been an increase in forest fires, we are in a drought, etc. In reality, the globe is actually cooling. We are no longer in a drought; most of America has regained its annual rainfall. The globe is actually cooling; in the recent years we have had record breaking temperatures for how cold it has been in the early months of fall and winter. The Greenhouse Effect is where they get the idea of global warming. The Greenhouse Effect warms the earth, without that it would be even colder. Scientists are even predicting a major effect of global cooling in the upcoming decades. Prior to the year 2007, the temperature was increasing 0.5 degrees Fahrenheit a year, but since then the earth has been cooling with record breaking temperatures in 2007, 2008, and this year.

So my opinion on this topic is that as of right now it is global cooling, but I also agree with reducing the fuel emissions with all the hybrid cars and try to prevent as much pollution and CO2 because that is what causes the global warming. Scientists say that CO2 is the main product when it comes to global warming. However, the scientists are also predicting a global cooling in the coming up decades which we will also have to look out for because global cooling can hurt our environment very badly through wildlife, crops, etc.

WriterFanatic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
mmm. You are not exactly correct though. You see, gloal warming means that the worlds temperature ON AVERAGE is rising. THat does not mean that we will not have any more cold fronts. Also, because of global warming, temperatures are fluctuating. So you are half right, yeah there have been colder temperatures, but on average the world is getting warmer.