Top Voted Bullying Articles

Here are the top voted bullying articles:

voted
#1
Silent No More This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Is he gay?” "I think so.” “Yeah, I'm pretty sure.” “Ask him.” “Hey, are you–” The last period bell cut off the cacophony of fresh gossip. My ears burned with embarrassment, and I walked away as quickly as... (more »)
37 comments
voted
#2
Dear Friend This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Do you remember in middle school you came up to me one day and introduced yourself and your friends? I didn't know them and didn't really want to, but you kept talking to me. You laughed and joked with everyone, and I was amazed. I still am.... (more »)
14 comments
voted
#3
The Dreaded Bus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
If you have ever ridden a school bus then you know that it sucks. If you are shocked to hear this, you are probably more popular than I am, which is okay; I don't care about status. I hate that other people do, though. I sit in the middle of... (more »)
7 comments
voted
#4
The Good That Lies Within This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
My brother, Miles, has Cornelia de Lange Syndrome. At the age of 21, he is 46 inches tall, 47 pounds, cannot speak, and has the comprehension of a 2-year-old. His features are unusual because of his dark coarse hair, unibrow, upturned lip and... (more »)
7 comments
voted
#5
My Notebook This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I sit on my bed, thumbing through the dog-eared black notebook that contains my soul in written form. This brings me back to the many times in my life when I was full of pain and felt alone. My past is haunted by memories of rejection and hurt... (more »)
8 comments
voted
#6
Bystander This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I didn't know, I didn't know, I didn't know, I am a bystander. You guys all said Boy, she is so strange She walks like she really needs a cane Remember when she brought a leotard last year to practice? Yeah, I remember... (more »)
6 comments
voted
#7
Cheyenne This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
She was the most hated girl in school. Hypocrite. Wannabe. Loud mouth. Some of it was true, but most were lies. Not that it matters in junior high. If you're hated, you're hated. That's just the way it works. I could see the eyes roll in... (more »)
7 comments
voted
#8
Seeing Clearly This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Sitting at a table in my school cafeteria, I looked around, slowly taking in everything. For one of the first times in my life, I realized I had been seeing without really seeing for the past two years. Student after student passed my table... (more »)
9 comments
voted
#9
Standing Up This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“You stupid lesbo,” he says as he pushes me into a row of lockers. Panic panic. “You're so stupid,” he sneers. “I saw you kiss her. Why did you do that?” He tries to trip me. Oh God, where is an adult when I need one? I guess I... (more »)
18 comments
voted
#10
How to Shine This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Happy, carefree faces lit up our childhood – friends, parents, teachers – but something happened when we hit middle and high school. The kindness was wrenched from some; others gave it away like spare change. “Welcome to the real... (more »)
6 comments
voted
#11
Take a Joke, Sweetheart This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
He leaned over my desk, his body casting a shadow over my writing. Two fists were suddenly pressed hard next to my book, giving him an air of undeserved authority. “You know they're just joking, right?” His voice was gentle, as if he were... (more »)
64 comments
voted
#12
The Snowman This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I tell you this because I have a memory teetering on the edge of my brain and I need to pluck it from its precarious resting spot and grind it into ink. Eleven years ago, I witnessed an incident that would forever color my perception of the... (more »)
4 comments
voted
#13
How I Changed for the Better This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
This is going to be a waste of time, I thought as I descended the gray stairs to the gym. My friends surrounded me, filling the air with jokes and laughter. We were headed to the gymnasium for a bullying seminar that would last two periods. 150... (more »)
28 comments
voted
#14
Drown This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Do you know what a drowning person looks like? I can tell you – it's not flailing and screaming. The person goes down slowly and quietly. He flails, but not visibly. Then he slowly slips under. The truth is, people drown every day, and not... (more »)
20 comments
voted
#15
The Subtle and Obvious Forms of Bullying This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
There is an unspoken and controversial truth that needs to be addressed: every individual who's a minority is the target of bullying in the United States. It's as simple as that. Unfortunately, the majority of Americans are unaware of the bullying... (more »)
4 comments
voted
#16
The New Bullying Landscape This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Over 40 percent of teenagers with Internet access have reported being bullied online in the past year, according to the National Crime Prevention Council. Cyberbullying, also known as cyber-harassment or cyber-stalking, is a serious and growing... (more »)
1 comment