Bullying | Teen Ink

Bullying

June 6, 2016
By RonnieDoe274 BRONZE, San Diego, California
RonnieDoe274 BRONZE, San Diego, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Imagine this, you're in middle school, the years of hell basically, you're late for your next class, and at the best time the meanest bully comes up behind you, grabs you and asks if YOU did HIS homework for him, you are late for class, so you obviously didn’t have the time to. So comes the name calling, the punching, the pushing and shoving, etc. After that massacre you think to yourself, what can I do to stop this, if I tell then he will beat me up again, so I don’t want that. You want to tell somebody, but at the same time you want to avoid the punching part, I’m talking about the telling someone and speaking out part, you can’t be afraid to tell unless nothing is going to change. This has happened to me multiple times, 5th and 7th grade. Now there's even cyber bullying. If this has happened to you and you don’t know what to do then I have a solution. The solution is speaking out and self-confidence, you can’t be afraid anymore, you are not alone on this, there is always help.

Bullying, “use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.” (Google Definition) One part that I think that speaking out and self-confidence WILL work is because you need self-confidence to be able to speak out, and when you speak out you will have a relief of stress off your shoulders. BONUS FACT: Have friends so they can back you up and speak out for you as well. Over 3.2 million students are victims of bullying each year. Approximately 160,000 teens skip school every day because of bullying. 17% of American students report being bullied 2 to 3 times a month or more within a school semester.

Another way to prevent bullying is to talk to your parents, siblings, teachers, friends, and etc. You need those kind of people because if you don’t speak or tell anyone, no one is going to know about your situation. You should not act WEAK when you get bullied, you need to try to stand up for yourself by putting your hand in front of his face and tell him to stop what he is doing. “ If you see someone getting bullied, stop the culprit.”

There are many ways people get bullied for example, there is physical bullying, verbal bullying, and cyberbullying. Cyberbullying is one of the new types of bullying where you get name called on some kind of picture that you took. For example: You go out to eat at a restaurant, you take a picture and post it on Instagram, get some likes, then you look at the comments. “ Wow is it ugly day?” or “ That’s a lot of food you fatty lol.” and “ YOU'RE A FATA** LMAO!!!” You think to yourself, why would someone say that, i’m not the only one that eats in this world, why is this happening to me.

In conclusion to all of this, speaking out and self-confidence will help you get help and to stop bullying for you. Talking will help you because it helps you to speak out as I said and etc. Also be careful for the other types of bullying as well like cyberbullying. You can also help to stop bullying for others in the world, maybe you can help others by making an essay about bullying let people know that you're not alone and that YOU’RE here to help them, just like what I did for YOU.