Euthanasia | Teen Ink

Euthanasia

By Wavvy.Quann SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Wavvy.Quann SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

Live Life

Here’s what I think about euthanasia you should have a right to die if your doctor tells you that there is nothing we can do and gives you a death date. No one should never have a painful long and miserable death. Your family should never see you suffering, that’s traumatizing especially to kids. Going earlier rather than later is better finically because the longer you wait the more bills you will have for the medication and other things the hospital provides you with at the hospital.

No one should never have a painful and miserable death. What I mean by this is that one should have to suffer everyday if they can take the pain away and be in a better place. On “November 1, 2014, Brittany Maynard, the terminally ill woman who pledged to end her own life under Oregon's Death With Dignity Law, died in her home from a lethal dose of barbiturates.” She was 29 that is a very young age she had brain cancer stage 4 of glioblastoma she had 6 months to live. Some people would say that what if she lived passed those 6 months  and survived that, that would be highly unlikely and most likely she would be suffering from the cancer threw out her 6 months being able to live.

Your family should never see you dying in a hospital, that’s traumatizing to kids and adults. “On March 2008, a French court denied the 52-year-old former schoolteacher and mother of three's request for assisted suicide.” She had a rare tumor in her face that dismembered her eyes and face. Imagine how her kids felt by seeing there mother go through that and seeing how her face got dismembered.