Brewers Anti-Bullying | Teen Ink

Brewers Anti-Bullying

By 6fraz SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
6fraz SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Bullying is a prevalent  topic that is an issue in most schools around the world today. Schools are coming up with ways to deplete bullying.

Being bullied, I know how hard it is to feel alone. When students are aware of this issue it prevents name calling, pushing around, and back talking making the school a more welcoming place to be.

My high school has come up with clever ways to make the students aware of bullying.

Junior year I  remember walking into school and looking down the hallway only to see a sticky note on every single locker. Curious about this, I went to my locker and read the note. It said, “you're beautiful.” Just knowing that students took there time to do this made me happy that there's at least something that they can do to to prevent bullying by making students more confident about themselves.

Having come from an elementary school and middle school where I experienced bullying  made me realize how much hard work my school has put into having a zero tolerance policy for bullying. Everyone seems to be nice to each other. Unlike the past, where I got made fun of for having short puffy hair and being a little overweight, at my school I get complements on my clothes and I make new friends.

All of my experiences have made up for the  past and made me become a positive person, excited for what my future has in store for me. Although bullying is never going to completely disappear from our everyday lives, there are ways we can prevent it from happening.