Bul | Teen Ink

Bul

By Hamzah1998 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Hamzah1998 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

You are not strong when you bully. You are not brave when you bully a person. It’s not just the person who is being bullied who will get offended and frustrated, but others who care will also feel the same. Bullying is spread all over the world and there are many ways to stop it.

I took a moment, thinking about how to stop that bullying. I heard the International Student Club are planning to stop bullying, so I decided to join. International Students Club is a club that was put all up together to build understanding between people from inside and outside the country. There are about 30 students in the club and we all worked with the team logo, “One Team.”

At my high school, there is an anti-bully week called No Hate Week. Clubs, including International Student Club, which is the club I belong to, have made posters and hung them on student lockers and walls. We wrote cheerful quotes to everybody--regardless if they have been bullied or not. However, some students have used their time to finish those posters during study halls and lunch time.      

Each day for about a week, we stayed after school to make these posters and talk more about the problem. During No Hate Week, we wore special clothing colors to support people who have been oppressed. Green was our color for Monday, yellow for Tuesday, and Wednesday was red. Throughout the week, we wore unified shirts and stood by the people who couldn't defend themselves.

No Hate Week was promoted by all of our staff members, students, teachers and even parents. No Hate Week spread all over the school. We are happy because we educated people about bullying. No Hate Week has made a major impact on people impressions about bullying. To the extent that everybody wanted No Hate Week never to be over.

Weakness is the symbol of bullying. I consider bullying a major problem, and myself and other students in our school, did a great job to stop that tragedy. You are not strong when you bully. You are not brave when you bully a person. So I challenge you to stand up to bullies!