Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

By Bailey1998 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Bailey1998 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

I walked into school with a friend and all we could see were positive posters. They complimented me, making my self-esteem go up. “Nice hair!” and “Looking good!” and “Sweet outfit!” These posters changed frequently. My friend and I had to know who was behind these posters, so I asked a few of my teachers. They lead me to Mr. Bolt, our school psychologist. He was the one who had been hanging them up around the school.

After a few weeks, we decided it would be fun to be a part of this. We found Mr. Bolt and introduced ourselves. “We would love to help you hang up these posters around the school.” He agreed and sent us to look up some new sayings.

The hard part was figuring out what would make people feel good about themselves! What would make me feel good?  I had no idea what else to add onto these posters! I started brainstorming. Cute smile. You’re awesome. Cool shirt. Nothing else really came to mind, so I just started to type. After a few weeks, I talked to Mr. Bolt.
I achieved my goal--I hung up the posters. I heard talk around the school asking who made these posters and I love them! I knew I made people’s days and it made me happy. We helped end bullying. It made everyone feel good about themselves which made less room for everyone to be bullied, because it didn’t affect everyone anymore. Everyone was smiling now. I couldn’t wait to see what next year would bring.