Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

By aspiringwriter13 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
aspiringwriter13 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

The sound of the bell rang in my ears and I automatically pack up my things from lunch on to my sixth hour class. I passed by all the people catching up on their latest gossip of the day,

I found myself walking through the door of Mr. Paul’s AP Macroeconomics class. I thought it was going to be another day listening to the long talk about economics as I watched each minute tick by. Christmas was in a week and I, just like everyone else, was itching to get out of school.  

“Alright class, today we are going to start with something different,” said Mr. Paul. “We are going to make Christmas notes for everyone in school.”

Each one of us was handed four pieces of paper and a marker to draw up our own Christmas cards. Some people got to display their creative abilities being unique and drawing pictures, while others added heartfelt notes. It was a break from the class--and each student was able to do something good for others. Something so simple but can have a huge impact. This brings about a safe place for people to come to every day. Students can feel comfortable in their own skin and not feel as though they are being degraded by the many judgemental eyes.
We have no idea what everyone’s family life is around us. Some may not have a tight family connection or have money to make a Christmas celebration filled with a lot of gifts as maybe other people and can make them feel down that the others around them get a christmas celebration that more special than their. But these notes can bring a sense of comfort to those that there are people out there who care about them.

Having small things students do for each other can make more of a difference than we realize. We don’t know what kind of life everyone has around us and something so small such as a christmas card can leave a person smiling for days.