It Isn't Big to Make Others Small | Teen Ink

It Isn't Big to Make Others Small

By Jaimee Edwards BRONZE, Rancho Mirage, California
Jaimee Edwards BRONZE, Rancho Mirage, California

I chose to do the bullying choice because it has a really big impact in life. There are so many kids in the world being bullied. There are different kinds of bullying. There is cyberbullying, abuse, sexual bullying and verbal bullying. I don’t like the idea of people getting bullied. I don’t get why people have to bully other people. They might have something going on in their life but they dont have to bring it out on other people. There are many kids that are commiting suicide and it’s all over the news but no one does anything about it.

People do bad things to their selves when they are getting bullied. Some people cut themselves, start to smoke, drink, and do drugs. Some kids get into depression. Some kids also get so stressed they have to eat a lot, and that causes obesity. People that are getting bullied sometimes cry themselves to sleep, think about committing suicide, and some people actually do commit suicide.

A lot of kids go through peer pressure. Some of their friends may do drugs, or alcohol, so they will have peer pressure to try it. Their friends will bully them and say like “you aren’t cool unless you smoke or drink.” I think that those aren’t good friends that you would want to hang out with. You don’t need to try all those bad things just to be cool. Drugs and alcohol don’t make you cool, they will mess up your whole life.

If you are getting bullied, or getting into peer pressure, you should try to go get help, or get counseling. There are many classes you can go to and get help. I saw this movie called Cyberbully. It was really sad and the girl was getting bullied, and she went to counseling to go get help and it really helped her. You don’t need to be afraid to go get help, you just need to remember that at the end, it will help.

Everyone in the world isn’t doing anything about kids being bullied, or them committing suicide. We need to try to stop bullying. I know that just me saying all of this isn’t going to change anything and everyone says we need to stop and everyone agrees, but nothing happens. Don’t be afraid to stand up for what you believe, and do what you want to do, and don’t be afraid to do it.

I chose to do this topic because I want everyone to stop bullying.