The Girl I Was, The Girl I Am | Teen Ink

The Girl I Was, The Girl I Am

November 28, 2014
By Anonymous

I once had a friend, she was happy, smiled, had the prettiest eyes and best of all, she always was there for everyone. She was determined for everyone to be happy. She could not let anyone down, no matter what. Every day she would ask everyone she saw, “how are you?” and everyone knew, she really wanted to know. She was the only one who proved that she cared, yet sometimes, people took advantage of her. She was used every single day. Inside, she was hurting more and more, with no one to run to. Soon, her happiness became an act, her smile was just another type of makeup, and her grades plummeted. She kept caring for everyone, how couldn’t she? The girl felt responsible for them all for all of their happiness. No one could ever understand, the pain she went through all the time. One night she simply gave up. She joined the rankings of all those before her. The guardian angles for all of the devils warriors. One night she returned home. God welcomed her with open hands, and Satan smiled just a little bit more. She never came back to school, everyone missed her. No one understood why she left us. People thought she abandoned us. That poor girl, she was the savior to some of us. That girl, who left this world hurting more and more, was me. Now I roam this earth as a dead corpse, and no one will ever see the girl who once stood in my place.  


The author's comments:

Isn't it sad? some of the worlds best actors and actresses put on acts day by day, yet almost none are reconzied.