Define Yourself | Teen Ink

Define Yourself

By StayBeautiful89 BRONZE, Bremen, Indiana
StayBeautiful89 BRONZE, Bremen, Indiana

Nobody likes getting bullied but it happens anyways all over the world. Kids say some mean and hurtful words to each other, it can really hurt someone, kids kill themselves or cut themselves over it.

There are several types of bullying. Such as cyber bullying, physical bullying,verbal bullying. Bullies can be classmates, online acquaintances, and anonymous users, but most often they do know the people they’re bullying. 
People that are cyberbullied show signs. Self-Destructive behaviors is one, such as running away from home, Thinking or talking about suicide and harming themselves is a sign that bullied kids show. Some don't even want to go to school anymore, because of the bullying, and their grades might get lower than usually.

If you know someone that is getting bullied there are ways you can help. One way to help is to ask the child being bullied what can be done to make him or her feel safe. Help them resolve the situation and protect the child.
Stop it on the spot if you ever see bullying. First thing you should do is separate the kids involved. Dont try and sort out the facts right away, you should make sure everyone is safe, before you try to get the facts. If you need to get another adult to help its ok, its hard to handle a bullying situation by yourself. 

Alot of famous people have been bullied. You can view many of these quotes online. One person had said, ‘ Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; Define yourself. “