The High School Enemy | Teen Ink

The High School Enemy

May 23, 2014
By BiancaVanGilder SILVER, Clarkston, Michigan
BiancaVanGilder SILVER, Clarkston, Michigan
7 articles 0 photos 2 comments

So I hurt her feelings once or twice. What’s the big deal? It’s not like I killed her or anything. I just wanted her to feel what I felt all those times. The name calling, the teasing, the never being good enough. I felt so alone and afraid, too scared to show my face. They never knew what I was thinking all those nights when I would come home from school. All the times I would run out of class crying my eyes out because I couldn’t take it anymore. I couldn’t even walk in the halls without being worried that I’d run into one of the girls.













*

*

*

She didn’t act like it bothered her all that much. When I’d “accidentally” trip her in the hallway she would just stand up and hurry away. She didn’t yell at me, tell me to watch what I was doing. No crying. No frustration. Nothing, just as happy as always, but that was about to change. I wanted her to feel the pain. I wanted her to go home crying, feel everything that I felt. And today was the day I was going to do that. I looked through the crowd of people walking by looking for my innocent victim and saw a girl walking into the school. She was wearing a white dress with her hair pulled back. She was with her friends; they were all laughing, having a great time. I knew exactly how to ruin her day, how to make her miserable.










*

*

*

When I got the chance, I slowly walked up behind her as she started to enter the cafeteria and tapped on her shoulder. She turned around quickly at just the right angle and the coffee in my hand hit her arm and spilled all over her dress, making it reveal what she was wearing underneath it. Everyone started circling around her laughing hysterically. Her face was red and when she looked up at me, there were tears running down her face. Yeah, I felt bad, but now she knew what it was like to not do anything wrong and have someone come ruin everything for you. She spun around and ran away, her friends with eyes full of tears, giving me a look of hatred and sadness, asking why I did it, why I would do something to someone who had done nothing to me. I didn’t say anything. I just walked away, a grin on my face, thinking about who was in for a pleasant surprise tomorrow.