L-O-L | Teen Ink

L-O-L

By TrystanJ GOLD, Minneapolis, Minnesota
TrystanJ GOLD, Minneapolis, Minnesota

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination takes you EVERYWHERE"--Albert Einstein
"I'd rather be dead than cool..." --Kurt Cobain
"Trying to be someone you're not is a waste of the person you are" --Kurt Cobain

"U Should Just Kill Urself Because Nobody Likes U Nd Nobody Evn Cares.-- Lol."

Thank God the 'lol' was there, right? I mean, I almost thought they were serious. Silly me. 'That was rather rude', Mother would say, 'That was rather mean'. --But you see...She doesn't get that it was a 'joke'. They were kidding. I mean, they PUT the 'lol'!
You see, I'm the one who's wrong if I get offended. I'm the one who's too dramatic and serious. "You didn't see the 'lol'?" They ask. Well of course I saw it! It just justifies the fact that you think your pain and torture towards MY life is funny.
.....But do they even care? No. I don't think they do. They're like a virus that escaped from the computer itself, just feeding on everything you have and everything you are until there's nothing left. They don't feel any pain. They don't feel any remorse. They just move on to their next victim. --Like me.
I'm the freak because my brother 'took things too seriously', they said. They didn't REALLY mean for him to kill himself....'It wasn't their fault'.
--Because after all....They didn't mean it....It was just a joke....A joke...'Lol' right?

Lol...

I wrote this for a performance about bullying I was in. It's actually written as a monologue. I just want to say that I don't, in fact, have a brother who committed suicide, I don't mean to offend anyone it was to get the point across, and I hope you understand.

JRaye PLATINUM said...
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

"If you build your house far enough away from Trouble, then Trouble will never find you."

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said, 'I just don't care.'?"

Really, truly powerful stuff. People are so stupid, so impossibly dumb to think that words like that won't hurt someone. Great monolge, really frank and straightforeward way to get the point across. Awesome job