Cyberbullying | Teen Ink

Cyberbullying

By Aiyana BRONZE, Elma, New York
Aiyana BRONZE, Elma, New York

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."
-Edgar Allen Poe

Cyber bullying has been getting worse throughout the years as technology has become more advanced. Fox 10 has uncovered a Facebook page that brings cyber bullying to a new low.

In the article, “Facebook Group Takes Cyber Bullying to a Whole New Low,” A Facebook page was dedicated to posting pictures of babies and toddler, even some with disabilities, so woman could mock them. These children and women are being ridiculed without even knowing it. A photo had a comment underneath it saying, “You cannot fix ugly.” Mothers, Fathers, grandparents, they are all posting pictures of their children, their families, not realizing that they could be targeted just to be made fun of.

Memories are also being tarnished. Children are being compared to animated characters as a way of degrading them. Cherished times are being posted onto this website just to humor others. A woman wrote underneath a photo, “an ugly baby thread.. I’ve absolutely dies and gone to heaven. People are hiring attorneys to see if any legal action can take place. The page was taken down after the story aired.

I happen to find this completely insulting. Children and mothers both are being used as humorous tools. It is to be considered a sick joke. These poor families hurt because their own photos were taken and posted on a cruel website. The thought is completely horrifying, what if there are more of these websites, finding ways to ruin memories and degrade all of these people. Some of these women are mothers, and yet they still mock other children even when they should know that these kids are precious gifts.
Cyber bullying has brought pain amongst others. The ridicule people are feeling is so harsh that this topic is now making national headlines. Memories are now tarnished, families degraded and this insecurity will never leave them.

I read an extremely mind-blowing article on a facebook page that completely disgusted me. After reading into the problem I became sickened by the very thought of the issue. My article pretty much sums up everything I have looked into and read. If this happened to babie, innocent beings who have not yet caused any harm to our world, is anyone safe from the extreme cyberbullying. No, because cyberbullies don't care, they dont have to say the rude remarks to the person's face and see the hurt look in their eyes. Nobody is safe from the humiliation.