Climbing The Ladder | Teen Ink

Climbing The Ladder

By LovelyRee GOLD, Astumbo, Other
LovelyRee GOLD, Astumbo, Other
13 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Aut Viam Enveniam Aut Faciam
"Find A Way or Make One"

There was this boy. I believe he is a freshman at my school. He was just walking the hallway, minding his own business when these upperclassmen decide to bother him. I didn't see the whole exchange but I know that a bottle flew out from somewhere and landed on the grass in front of my bench. They told him to go and pick it up and he did. He looked like he was going to cry, so I safely assumed that it was his bottle. After he picked it up, they ordered him to throw it away and told him it wasn't right to litter. They made me so angry that day. I just wanted to take the bottle and smack them with it but that would make me a bully to. I felt so bad for the boy, I haven't seen him walk our way after that. I hope that he's okay. Those upperclassmen just think they run the school but honestly they don't. If we're put into ranks everywhere we go, no one will win. Like that saying, power is greed. It still doesn't give people the right to step on anyone in a lower status. I just hate it.

It is wrong that I didn't say anything, not even to tell them to back off. I felt so bad that I didn't do anything to at least let that poor boy feel better. I didn't know him and it bugged me the rest of the day too. Why do people treat others like that? Why do they pretend like they're better than everyone else when we are all in the same place, doing the same thing? I just don't understand it all.

I don't know what it's like to feel bullied. Honestly, maybe I have been through it in the past but I just don't recall it. I know how it feels to be hurt but not bullied. Being bullied is very scary. To be put under more pressure then you are already going through. To be treated as if you are an alien to our world when you're not. I see it but I keep quiet because I don't know what to do. How do I tell someone? Someone who doesn't even care. Some people I know would just laugh it off and say that's how life is. Well what if you were put in that position? Being picked on because you meant nothing to them and to everyone else who picked on you. You MEAN nothing. How does that make you feel? I know how it feels to mean nothing. I understand that kind of pain. So yes, it hurts and it makes you question your existence but let me tell you something. Just because I mean nothing to a bunch of has-been group of kids, I'm going to mean something to a group of successful people who actually need me. While I'm rising to the top and being who I am, they'll be struggling to get to where I would be because they're to busy being someone they used to be.

People need to grow up and get used to the fact that you can't climb a ladder if you have ten thousand other people climbing that same ladder you're on. That ladder is life. We just have to deal with it. We just have to deal with the fact that not everyone is trying to be perfect, and they're not going to be who you thought they'd turn out to be. Some people give up to early, some try to hard, and others just never stop believing in themselves no matter all the hardships they've been through.

This is what I have to say about bullying. It won't stop unless we find peace within ourselves to except that we're different and just let everyone else's thoughts go. Don't care about what they say, the words are going to hurt, but it'll be their words to you that'll hurt them more because life, yeah the thing we try to have, it's going to stab them in the back like they've been stabbing us in the heart all that time and they'll never reach it to the top by then.

Some people give up to early, some try to hard, and others just never stop believing in themselves no matter all the hardships in life.

That's all that I have to point out.