Purpose | Teen Ink

Purpose

By boundlesswildflower SILVER, Minneapolis, Minnesota
boundlesswildflower SILVER, Minneapolis, Minnesota

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities." - faults in our stars by John Green

“You should live your life filled through the rime with happiness, you’ve lived a great life,” she said.
“But what does that mean?” A four-year-old version of me whined.
“If you can look at your worst enemy filled amity and affection without a drop of hatred, you’ve done your job in this world – you are happy”.

This was a conversation I had with my now deased family member about the purpose of life when I was four.

on Nov. 10 2013 at 1:29 pm
Cat-Girl PLATINUM, Nyania, Planet Nyan, Oklahoma

"That's what's wrong with the people in this world; they believe they can do well by just getting by when they need to aim for the highest."
-Keith Anderson
"You can never hope to build a better world without improving the individuals."
-Marie Curie

Wow this is short-but it has such a deep meaning! I'm glad you wrote this down; it gives me a much better outlook on life. :3

on Nov. 7 2013 at 1:54 pm

Thanks so much! I know the wording is somewhat off, but it really means a lot you took the time to comment. 

on Nov. 7 2013 at 11:00 am
compassion GOLD, Nowhere, Other

Expect to have hope rekindled,expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways! The dry seasons in life do not last,the spring rains will come again.

Wow! This is very exquisite. The message holds the meaning of life. And the one who said this to you said it in a very graceful, poetic manner. Thanks for sharing.