The Story Of Rebecca Ann Sedwick | Teen Ink

The Story Of Rebecca Ann Sedwick

By 1DLover5 SILVER, Ventnor, New Jersey
1DLover5 SILVER, Ventnor, New Jersey

Keep Calm And Love One Direction <3

On Sept. 9 2013, Rebecca Ann Sedwick climbed a tower at an forsaken concrete plant and leaped to her death.Why? Because of bullying.Why did a 12 year old girl (who used to be Rebecca's bestfriend) and a 14 year old girl bully her? Simple. Because they had nothng better to do than pick on a young,beautiful,and innocent girl.They bullied her on social media sites (Facebook and Instagram) Saying "You should drink bleach and die" and "Die please." She replied to each one saying "No thanks,im going to live my life" and when someone said "I hate you" she would say "Aww I love you too!xx" But after a year of this bullying every second of everyday she couldnt take it anymore.Rebecca's mom found her phone and read some of the despicable messages on the phone from her former classmates.That's when Rebecca switched schools.You would think that the bullying wouls stop there right? Wrong. It continued over social media.Unfortunally, her mom did not know she was still using social media sites so she could not help.Rebecca was being bullied by about 15 girls who ganged up on her and picked on her for months. On her search engines police found her history of what she looked up.Some of the things she searched was "what is overweight for a 13-year-old girl," "how to get blades out of razors" and "how many over-the-counter drugs do you take to die." There was even a screensaver showing Rebecca's head on a railroad track. After Rebecca's horrific death the 14 year old bully posted this on Facebook , “yes I bullied Rebecca and she killed herself, but I don’t give a (expletive),” Really? You just took someones life and you dont even remotely care? The two girls have been charged with aggravated stalking and a third degree felony.When there parents were contacted and told about Rebeccas death the two girls were stil allowed to use their social media sites! The court date is still being decided.I hope the two girls are in jail for a million years.Let this be a lesson to the bullies and anyone who is bullying.Bullies: The things you say hurt.Like the old saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me." is NOT true. They hurt.That one comment you said that you thought about for five seconds can stay with people for the rest of their lives! And for the people getting bullied: You need to get help! Dont even think about cutting yourself or commiting suicide.Theres better ways to handle things. Dont let the bullies win. "What goes around comes around." But one victim couldnt take it anymore and On Sept. 9 2013, Rebecca Ann Sedwick climbed a tower at an forsaken concrete plant and leaped to her death.

"Please,anyone getting bullied GET HELP!"