Why Do You Say The Things You Say

You break me down. With every jeering word, with every harsh syllable, you beat me down more and more until I reach a place of defeat, a place where everything is dark, and I cannot get up. Why? Why? Why do you say the things you say? Why do you make it your goal to meticulously pick out everything you don’t like about me and point it out in front of everybody? Why don’t you realize that those words you say hurt me deep inside? You make me cry, you make me sob, you make me feel so alone, so alone. You make me feel like I am nothing, you make me feel like I can never win.
I am done, I can’t keep doing this anymore. I can’t keep putting on a happy face and acting like nothing’s wrong, when really I am screaming. I don’t know what to do, I don’t know how to escape this endless parade of humiliation, self- hatred, terror and rage.

prettysoccer_girl34 said...
May 8, 2013 at 3:58 pm:
Tell someone about what is going on with the girl!! Trust me I know this has happened to me. It doesn't get better until you get some help. Tell a counsler or another friend about it! If you ever need help just talk to me :)

TheEleventhHour This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 8, 2013 at 6:58 pm :
thank you so much @soccer girl. that was really kind and considerate of you and i really appreciate the support. you seem like an awesome person! again, thanks so much, it was a really nice thing to hear. :)