Her Scars Are Still Showing | Teen Ink

Her Scars Are Still Showing

By ViscardiRocker BRONZE, Lubbock, Texas
ViscardiRocker BRONZE, Lubbock, Texas

"You can learn a lot about somebody by listening to a song that means something to them" - anonymous
"Those who do not want to be around crazy people are actually truly mad themselves" - Christa Waters

You laugh at they way they talk,
How they look,
What their behavior is like,

You people don't know this person like I do,

You call her insane,
You call her stupid,
You call her british woman,

She thinks differently than you do,
She is actually really smart, just off the paper,
She has a speech inmpediment,

You have no idea who she is,
Yet you treat her like dirt,
You probably wouldn't care if she was gone tomorrow,

I know exactly who she is,
She is worth more than all the treasures in the world,
I would cry if I woke up without her in my life if she was not here tomorrow,

She is not only my best friend, but I also get the chance to call her my sister,

You will never get that privilige, because you refuse to see her for who she really is,

And you know what?
That's just fine with her.
She would rather be around people that love her and know her for who she is, than to be around complete strangers that have no idea who they are talking about.

There's sothing else too isn't there?

She hurts still from all those rude and empty comments.
You may think that those comments meant nothing and that it was all just fun and games, but I know better.
She's cried with me.
When you said those awful things about her when she was around to hear them, she came to me crying and asking me, "Do you think of me like that?".

I would always tell her the same answer every time she asked me that question,
"No. I think you are wonderful. Those people just couldn't see that about you and that is their lose. Not yours. You deserve nothing but kindness and utmost respect from those who do care about you."

How would you feel if you saw one of the most important people in your life, crying, asking you if they are still worth anything to anyone?

I know how I felt and I still feel it to this very day.

So...how do you feel now?

No matter how you feel about reading what I said, I want to tell you one last thing.

If she was your best friend, you would defend her. You would be there for her. Most of all, you would cherish her for who she really is.

Bullying is so not cool. Not in any country, continent, or universe. If you see bullying report it to an adult or if you are brave enough, step in and defend whoever is being bullied. Be strong for them and remember that things can only get better if you step up and do something to stop bullying. We can all stop bullying if we just say no to bullying and stop it all together.
I promise you that if you do say no to bullying, then you have now just earned my respect and support and my best friend's support as well. Don't just help my best friend from being bullied, help all those that are being bullied out there. The universe will thank you in time. I swear it.

Dedicated to one of my best friends/sisters. I love her to death and to see her bullied was awful.

Bullying is so not cool guys. Not in any universe.