Friend No More

Hey, I thought that you used to be my friend
There was a time that you were so sweet to me
But that changed after I started dating
You made him out to be your enemy

You told me that he was all wrong for me
And when I didn’t listen, you got mean
You tried to make fun and put him down
But we all could plainly see your jealousy

I kept saying that the comments had to stop
But then you turned and slurred at me
And started to throw darts at my heart

One day the snide remarks went too far
My boyfriend and I finally got an apology
You had tried in vain to boost your ego
Instead it showed your immaturity and insecurity

But toxic friendships are meant to end
We both need time for our hearts to mend
So goodbye, my ex-best friend

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:09 am
I am in LOVE with the last stanza. Way to tie everything up! My lone suggestion is that maybe at the beginning, when you say you started dating, you could put a little metaphor there or something... such as, I don't know... "But that changed after I fell in love." But something not so cheesy. (: Really good job though!!

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:10 am
Ah, yes. The rhythm WAS a bit hard to follow.

bestfriendforever said...
Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:51 am
This is really good! Totally relatable - I went through a similar situation. Keep it up girlie!

writer101 said...
oh i can relate to this so much! seems like a song almost...

WistfulThinking said...
This was really well written. I am totally suprised how much I can relate to this. Keep up the good work!

redhairCat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank You so much! Your work is really good too.

WistfulThinking replied...
Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:11 am
Thank you!

ZozeyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
hmm, I like how you went through a time period in this. R eally good. Awsome work. 

Thank you!

Maggie99 said...
That was good. Keep it up!

Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:13 am
Thank you - you too!

mollybug13 said...
really good I liked it 

Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:13 am
Aww thanks!

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like it!

Thanks! And I like your work too!

Sophie_sparkle_popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oh thank you I apreaciate your looking at it!

Kris_10 said...
This same thing happned to me! so I can really relate to it. I really liked the structure for this poem but the rhythm was kind off hard to keep. 

mrsmusicforlifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Very well written! Good job!

Thank you!

SteelersJdog said...
Wow, I'm glad that I'm not the only person to have this happen to. Fantastic job of writing a relatable topic in a poetic and artistic form.