Lip Gloss and Lies

Fleeting glances and disapproving whispers-followed by deceiving smiles and candy-coated compliments. Beautiful lies drip off their lips like honey, leaving a bitter crater in your stomach. Perfect, white smiles take the place of the sharp biting teeth that will devour you once you’ve left earshot. Poison is what they offer to you in exchange for your loyalty. For though they smile sweetly and gush words of praise from glossy lips, they will take it all back later and replace it with stabbing words that pound in your head. They tear down reputations for their own gain, strutting and roving in packs like wolves, only twice as vicious. Narrow eyes and turned up noses, pursed lips and cordial smiles. What good does it do them? Do they not know that they hurt themselves as well? For in the end, when there is no one left to devour, they will turn on each other. We can only hope to make it until then. We can only hope that they will not ruin us forever.

KristySparklezThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 3 at 12:03 pm:
wow that's amazing

Kris10C replied...
Feb. 4 at 7:40 pm :
Thank you! :)