Do You Really Consider

Your words are like a clean blade
They slice into my heart
With every cruel joke
Or secretive whisper
They cut deeper into me
Deeper
And
Deeper
They go
Until one day
Those words
Of playful banter
Or hateful names
Actually turn into a blade
And instead of my heart
That blade finds my arm
And it cuts
Deeper
And
Deeper
Into me
Until my once clean arm
Shows how I feel
And look inside
But I’ll just brush my makeup on
And pull out that fake smile
And long sleeved shirt
And perform my little act for the world
I’ll show on the outside
That I’m happy
But no one will ever care enough
To pull up my sleeve
Look me in the eyes
And tell me
That everything
In the end
Will be
Okay

Sketched97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 13 at 6:41 pm:
I like it. You're good at expressing intense emotions and I think it's relatable. My only complaint is that the line breaks make it awkward to read.

tealbirdThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 13 at 3:16 pm:
This is powerful. I like the flow, it adds a really nice touch to the writing. I have zero ability to write poetry, so I really admire people with your kind of talent.

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 4 at 9:00 pm:
Wow... This is really touching. I hope it's not something you wrote from experience... But if it is, things DO get better:) and I loved how you personified the mean words into a blade, that really caught me by surprise! Great transition, I understood your emotions perfectly.

SakuyaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 4 at 8:28 pm:
I like the structure of this, I'm not sure if you meant it to be this way but it reminds me of the edge of a blade. This piece is great it has great description and the short and detached words used really add a strong voice

Apollo77This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 4 at 3:57 pm:
oh wow, this is totally scary and awesome. I love free verse personally and this has so much emotion. I love when poetry shows the decent, it's a lot of what I like to write about and stuff, and you nailed it. really great poem.

Kris_10This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 2 at 3:51 pm:
OMG IM TOTALLY YOUR #1 FAN!!!! <3 

but this is amazing! i want to cry. please come to writing club. your 4567890433987652467890428576883290 times better than me and we all want you there