The Day | Teen Ink

The Day

By SoulPoetry PLATINUM, Sierra Madre, California
SoulPoetry PLATINUM, Sierra Madre, California

"I will work harder" (animal farm boxer the horse)

The day they attacked.
When they pushed you and insulted you.
Shattering your fragile soul with lies and threats.
Mocking your existence.
Spitting acidic racial slurs.
Degrading you and vandalizing your fortress of hopes and dreams.
Enjoying your torment like cruel slavers.
Imprisoning you in their own world where you are nothing.
I swore to fight for you.
That day I broke that oath.
The day I just stood there.
The day I became the bystander.

The day my friend Kyle was bullied by a group.....

on Oct. 7 2013 at 7:14 am
RoseLouisa PLATINUM, Yishun, Other

“Juliet had it easy; she never had to kill Romeo.”
― Richelle Mead, Last Sacrifice

“Life, unfortunately, doesn't seem to care what we want.”
― Richelle Mead, Last Sacrifice

“I like him."
"Like or like?
"Oh, there's a difference?”
― Richelle Mead, Vampire Academy

I really love how your description, its very precise and i could actually picture everything in my mind. Although short however message delivered really clearly.  :)

on Jul. 10 2013 at 10:09 pm

Thank you!! :)

on Jul. 10 2013 at 6:26 pm
StarGazer9 GOLD, Marana, Arizona

"Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do."

You put so much meaning into your poems, it just makes them that much more beautiful. :)

on Jul. 6 2013 at 9:08 am
InspireWriter SILVER, Lansdale, Pennsylvania

I have a lot to say. I'm just a teen girl, trying to tell a story in the only way I know how.

& I must say, i truly admire how you use your real life experiences and turn them into a piece of art

on Jul. 6 2013 at 9:05 am

After reading just about all of your poems, I found that you are just about one of the most talented poets i know. I honestly believe that your poems will one day become famous & well-known worldwide. You always display such vivid and powerful emotions, bringing forth the sentimental side of your readers. I hope you will always continue to write, blessing your readers with something worth reading. :)

on May. 12 2013 at 10:19 pm
Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

I know exactly what you mean, not from a friend, but something much more personal: me. Wonderful job, and congrats on the editors choice, you really deserve it because this piece was the perfect blen of powerful adn inspirational. The last line is priceless, I love it. Okay, amazing job, keep rockin

on Apr. 2 2013 at 12:15 am
LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

This is really powerful. More people should give this a read and really let it sink in. A teacher/parent/friend can tell you what to do in a situation like this, but it doesn't mean much until you actually hear it from someone, until it's personal. People need to see this! It's really well written, and I can say it's easily relatable, but is it until it actually happens? You're great. Xx!

on Jan. 15 2013 at 6:17 pm
AWriter101 SILVER, Rockton, Illinois

being single doesn't mean you are week it means that you are strong enough to wait for what you deserve! -Niall Horan

No problem! :) I love to help people especially when I have or had a similar problem! I have found a lot of people to help on TI In the last few days! And i have only been a member since Friday!  

on Jan. 15 2013 at 5:59 pm

Thank you that was really helpful (:

on Jan. 15 2013 at 5:49 pm
AWriter101 SILVER, Rockton, Illinois

Everyone makes promises and sometimes it's hard to keep when you are scared. If you would have stood up for your friend Kyle it wouldn't have ment you were not scared everyone gets scared sometimes! But it is okay because everyone goes through that at least once. I have made that same vow of protecting my friends when I realized that people made fun of me and I wasn't going to sit on the sidelines like my friend at that time. I was going to stick up for myself and friends, it is a hard vow to keep when at school you can get in trouble for hittng someone. i have to do that several time but refrained because of school policy but If it ever happens outside of school i will kick that person butt, for hurting my friends. Don't worry you will get your chance as I am sure I will too!!!