My life with a bully. | Teen Ink

My life with a bully.

January 14, 2013
By cryforhelp95 GOLD, Nonw, Oregon
cryforhelp95 GOLD, Nonw, Oregon
18 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
You can be beautiful on the outside.. But if you have an ugly heart, you're ugly.


Since I was in the fourth grade I have been a victim of bullying, I was bullied for everything, I gained a lot of weight at the age of eight years old due to stress. My mother and father were breaking up and my mother was removing me and my older brother from our home and we were forced to move in with my grandmother and my aunt. Because of all of the things that were going on in my life food became my best friend. I ate for every emotion, I ate when I was bored, when I was angry, when I was sad, whatever emotion I felt I used food to cope with it. Bullies made fun of me for everything, if I got an F or a D on a paper I was made fun of because I was dumb. I always tried to stand up for myself but for a long time I was afraid of my peers and hoped that if i just let them make fun of me that they would accept me and I wouldn't have to deal with the bullying and the awful things that they did to me. They would push me into lockers and push me onto the floor and knock my books onto the ground and walk away laughing. If I made a little mistake they made it seem like I had just committed a crime, they made it seem like every little thing I did was wrong. I never felt safe at school, the only place I ever felt safe was at home with my mom and my brother who always told me that things were going to be okay and that if they had to then they would handle things. My principal never did anything to end the bullying even if I complained they just made it seem like it was no big deal and that I was just over reacting to whatever was going on. Now I am doing better than ever, I have a boyfriend that loves me, a mother that loves me, provides for me, and does whatever she can to make me happy, a brother who is my best friend that I know I can talk to about anything, a grandmother that loves me for who I am and doesn't try to change me, an aunt that I love and has always treated me with respect, an absolutely adorable nephew, and wonderful, kind, caring, sweet, kind, and amazing friends that are always there whenever I need to talk. My life is amazing right now and I can't wait to see what the future holds for me. I hope that my life continues to go this well. I am so blessed right now and I hope that it continues to go this well, and I hope that anyone that has ever been bullied can find someway to cope with it and make their lives better.