A Teenage Mind Is A Funny Thing | Teen Ink

A Teenage Mind Is A Funny Thing

October 24, 2012
By Shadow_Right BRONZE, West Finley, Pennsylvania
Shadow_Right BRONZE, West Finley, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't judge my sanity, for I don't have any to judge." - myself


It's a funny thing, the mind of an average teenager. It thinks on thing then another. I have had many severe encounters with this type of friends along side my friends. I witness "popular" boys act gay all the time, rubbing each other's chests and saying stupid things in a mockingly high voice. But if one of my not-so-popular friends slings her arm around another girl's shoulders, the school explodes with news that she's out for the other girl's vagina. How that makes sense, I have no clue. I'm sure that whoever started that rumor was a girl who was out for my friend's blood. You see, my friend is anti-social and doesn't get along with many people. But those she does get along with are lucky people. But most people don't want to listen to her story and choose to mock her instead. This girl has taken much abuse of being called a lesbian whenever she was single. Now that she has a boyfriend, people are saying it is to pretend that she isn't homosexual. Maybe she is bisexual but others shouldn't mock her for it. It's her choice.

But she's not the only one. Earlier today, I asked my teacher to go out in the hall during History because of a girl who usually bullies me was backed up by a horde of populars. Luckily, I had one understanding guy in my class who sat with me for awhile, asking me what happened. It's because of him that I didn't try to set the school on fire or something stupid like that. He's not the only one either. I only have two people to confide in after being bullied. He was one, but that was the first time he talked to me. The second I have only known for the last 5 or 6 months. He's a sweet guy and understands what I go through. I confide in him and he confides in me. I hope everyone who is bullied finds someone to confide in and not feel like they are all alone. If you are being bullied, don't think you're alone. They are millions along with you. Just go out and find one. If you see someone getting bullied, be the one to reach out and help them.

Someone from my school committed suicide because of bullying. It scares me to think that someone could be so heartless to someone that it drove them to kill themselves. The bully of that boy didn't even feel sorry, saying, "That queer deserved to die." If only I could have helped that boy through it. He may still be here, spreading this same news to others. It will get better. People throw rocks at things that shine. No matter what way you look at it, you are you and you is the best to be. Others are just insecure about themselves and bring down others. If you are being bullied, don't be afraid to tell someone. It could be the difference between life or death. Seriously.

You are precious. Don't let anyone make you think differently. There is always someone who loves you. You just need to find them.


The author's comments:
Today at lunch, my friends and I were talking when one brought up a lot of rumors she heard about our group. Most of them were targeted at one, the least popular of all of us. So I wrote a short thing about rumors and bullying.