Scars

Scars

There’s a very important message that I want to share with as many people as I possibly can. Yes, it’s about bullying. Yes, it’s serious and yes, a little depressing, but please, stick with me. It’s a story that lets you see into the very heart of bullying. And especially why you shouldn’t do it. To anyone, anywhere, anytime:

There was once an English teacher that really wanted to get the message across to her students about what bullying can do. So, she made them get out a fresh, new piece of paper. Then she told them to scrunch it up, to stamp on it, swear to it, and insult it. Everything, except ripping it. So they did as she asked, finally, the teacher asked them to smooth it out. Once they had done that, she asked them to say sorry to the paper.
Finally, she pointed out that although they had smoothed out the paper as much as they could, said sorry and tried to take back everything they had done in the last two minutes, that the paper still had scars. There were still creases in the paper, and, try as the students might, they would never go away.

You could tell the message had gotten across, I hope it got across to you to. Bullying leaves scars. Try as you might, they will never go away.

Dionna J. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. So honest and intriguing. I'll probably try it one day when I become a teacher.