Bullying | Teen Ink

Bullying

May 25, 2012
By Lewis22 BRONZE, Ironton, Ohio
Lewis22 BRONZE, Ironton, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
An angry mind is a narrow mind


Bullying, I know all about it and not because I was the one being bullied, but the one doing the bullying. This all started when I was in 7th grade when I bullied people smaller, not as popular, overweight ect. And I did this because I thought it was making me popular or cool. Most of the time I didn't even have a reason to start verbally bullying other, just did when I was around my friends and this continued until about two years ago as a freshman. Now that I think back on what I did to others, make me think about how they felt and what they were thinking and going through at that point in time. My bullying was so bad that I am ashamed to say that it came to putting someone in the trash can. These things I cannot take back, I wish I could because I regret every harsh thing I've done to others verbally/physically. After going back through those embarrassing times I found most of the people I had previously bullied and apologized for ever hurting them, I did not expect them to tell me "I forgive you" or "it's okay" because it wasn't okay and who would forgive someone for the things I've down to them, they did! I didn't apologize because of guilt, but because it was the right thing to do. The person that I am today I can proudly say proud to be, because now days I help the people who are in need of help or need someone to talk to! Some people still hold grudges against me for the things that I've done in the past and say I'm a bad person, all I can do is take in what I hear and change their minds over-time, but really i don't care what others opinions on me are because I know what type of person I use to be and what type of person I am now and I accept me for me. The reason I changed my ways from a bully to a man is I asked myself "are you going to do this for the rest of your life or grow up", I was tired of putting people down, being immature and rude to others just because they wasn't popular. I am not who i use to be so i say "I cant change my past, but I can make a better future"!


The author's comments:
This essay is about my experiences with bullying!