The Victims | Teen Ink

The Victims

May 24, 2012
By Oliviam BRONZE, New Fairfield, Connecticut
Oliviam BRONZE, New Fairfield, Connecticut
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

When you get bullied you feel incompetent, worthless, scared, you basically feel like you don't belong in this world. The way to deal with this is to go to a therapist but people choose the alternatives. They slit their wrists to release the pain, they depend on drugs, they hold in all their emotions until they all come out at once, they become anorexic, bulimic, and sometimes they become binge eaters. These are definitely ways to deal with the pain but they are not good ways to deal with it. When you cut you scar your body forever, when you use drugs you ruin your body, when you hold in all your emotions they can come out at the wrong time and hurt other people too, and when you have an eating disorder you are hurting yourself more than anyone around you. Many teens who are bullied resort to suicide. I was close to being suicidal and when someone finally told me that I would hurt people while hurting myself I thought of them too. Some people are not so lucky to have friends like that. They don't think about how their decision could affect other people they only think about what's happening to them. If you ever say something you don't mean about a person don't say it because you never know how it will effect someone. The person you say that to might not come to school the next day or any of the other days. Think before you speak. It can save a life.