Speak Up

Imagine, for every mean word you say to someone it leaves a scar on the outside of their skin instead of their insides. Everything you say can hurt people, even if they don't show it. The saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." has no meaning at all. All the words, teasing, and pranks, will build up and eventually have even worse affects on everybody. Bullying can lead someone into depression and that can lead to suicidal thoughts. How would you feel about yourself if you know your the cause of someone's death? I feel very strongly about bullying, because I don't see the point in it. Is it to make the bully feel better about him/herself? Speak up for not only for yourself, but for other people. I know you may not what to be the "snitch" or the "tattletale" but you speaking up may be the victims only chance.

N.M.W.I.T.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I truly feel that what you wrote has meaning

LadyWisdom said...
Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:40 pm:
"The phrase 'sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me' has no meaning at all." I totally agree with that. Sticks and stones can break your bones, but, those injuries will eventually heal. Words, on the other hand, if you use them the wrong way, can emotionally scar a human being for the rest of their life. I know I have heard and have been told some things that I will never forget....

J1029This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:51 pm :
I'm sorry that someone has said hurtful things to you. You should try to forgive them. Maybe they are going through something rough. Thanks for reading :)

N.M.W.I.T.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:25 pm :
what you wrote is totally true.