Stand Up

Bullying. A word almost every kid dreads. They dread being the outcast. The reject. The person everyone bullies. The loner. Not being good enough or not meeting someone’s standards. Some dread it so much, they take their own lives. A tragic way to die.
If only the teachers had seen it sooner. If only the parents knew. If only the victim spoke up.
Statistics show in 2011 that 60% of middle school students say they have been bullied. Only 16% of staff believed that students had been bullied. They also say that over 160,000 stayed home from school to avoid bullying. 20% of high school students said they had thoughts of committing suicide in the past twelve months in 2011.
In my opinion, these numbers are too high. What can we do to stop bullying? There are numerous ways to prevent bullying.
Statistics show that over 50% of bullying decreased if the school had an anti-bully program running. If every school had an anti-bully program running, it might reduce the percentage of bullying. It would show the bullies how much they hurt the person who they were bullying.
It would also be more helpful if teachers kept an eye on students at all times. Many bullying cases occur on the playground or at passing time. Only 25% of bullied students said that teachers intervened a bullying incident; while 71% of teachers said they intervened a bullying incident.
Another way is to talk to the bully or stand up to them. Tell them how much it hurts when they call you names or physically hurt you. Try to help them understand bullying isn’t cool. Most likely, they bully just to impress their friends.
Tell a teacher or trusted adult. It’s one of the most commonly known ways to stop a bully from bullying you. Don’t worry; you won’t be a snitch or tattle-tale. Tattle-telling is when someone purposely tells on someone to get them in trouble. Just telling a teacher or trusted adult the situation is perfectly fine. It will help you in the long run.
Don’t just sit on the sidelines and watch bullying. Stand up for the bullying victim and let them know they won’t be alone.
Bullying is never, nor will it ever be, a tolerable matter. Together we can stand up to bullying and make it disappear. Poof!

..........Unknown said...
Dec. 1, 2016 at 10:29 am
hi i will haunt you forever and i will sleep by your side foever

The_Protecter replied...
@..........Unknown. U are a ******* creepy *****!!!

Puppylover12 replied...
Apr. 3 at 9:49 am
Your really creepy

..........Unknown said...
Dec. 1, 2016 at 10:03 am
mweferefwnwnshjunbnamskrio

kylie_kim said...
Oct. 25, 2016 at 12:49 am
can I please get the authors first and last name, please

cccc said...
supercalifrgoulisticexpedalidotious

The_Protecter replied...
Really? Mary Poppins?

AmeliaHill said...
Everyone goes through tough times, just remember that.

sally1234 replied...
Feb. 2, 2017 at 9:30 am
THATS RIGHT

bananas32245 replied...
amen.true that

The_Protecter replied...
O shut up @sally1234, U are a bully!! And your so right @AmeliaHill

miss2cute_ said...
I totally understand. Every one makes fun of me. How i dressed, what shoes I had one, and how my hair was. I hated it. I really wanted to kill my self. It is still going and I don't no what to do?? I'm in 9th grade and I live in Dayton Ohio. Any Advice!! Please Help. Im at the piont of killing my self

SocialKaysualty This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
stay strong, beautiful girlie. ignore them, just do you. it's okay. who cares if they're insecure or not, they just want to be popular. you are loved, wanted, and beautiful.

A.W. replied...
Don't worry about the bullies! Just be yourself and try to ignore them. In the end, they will have to pay for what they did, so just stay strong and keep that in mind! Also, please don't commit suicide, it is not as good as it seems, so just don't do it. Also, even if it does hurt your feelings, don't have a reaction. A lot of bullies bully for a reaction, so if you don't, they MAY start to leave you alone. I speak from experience, so just stay strong and don't let them get to you anymore and yo... (more »)

BellaTheBest123 replied...
Mar. 14, 2017 at 9:34 am
don't worry about them just be yourself. I get bullied a lot at my school and it is really hard for me but I get through it. You just have to be by a friend that will be there for you. The bully thinks s/he is ready but they are not. The bully is not good and id really mean.

Alexdoesstuff said...
You know I can also relate i was bullied when I was in 3 grade I was about to kill myself but then I got suspended frokickingg them in WOWZERS!!!!!!!

fighter356 said...
stay strong don't let it get to you. Bullies are trying to impress or are jealous but fight back don't let them throw you around. Its a horrible thing. FIGHT BACK!!!!

Shimmyshumma said...
Apr. 21, 2016 at 9:22 am
I feel really bad for u guys i'v been bullied so i moved it really helped

bananas32245 replied...
not everyone can move if their being bullied so people need to stand up for the lives that are theirs

LG456 said...
I have been bullied and I can relate to this so much and Mayday Girl I can totally relate to what you said, I only have 2 'friends' also and my old 'friend' turned on me once I spilled milk on her and I know they'll do the same. But this does help and mostly because were doing a project on bullying and ways to prevent it in my class.

bananas32245 replied...
that is amazing.