Summer Food List | Teen Ink

Summer Food List

By LovinLife09 BRONZE, Rayne, Louisiana
LovinLife09 BRONZE, Rayne, Louisiana
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Lets face it: this summer, most of us will be sulking around the house, eating junky foods. Don't worry. We all do it. But, if you're in the mood for yummy, healthy foods and smoothies, than this article is the one for you! NOTE TO READER: all of these recipies are relatively easy, and also Vegan (due to the fact that I am a vegan myself) Although a vast majority of these will be Vegan recipies, I will try to include as many normal recipies as possible. Most of these recipies I found on the internet or have created myself.

First things First: A healthy breakfast

-OatMeal/Banana Breakfast Cookies (Vegan)

What you need:

1) a mixing bowl

2) 2 ripe bananas

3) 1 cup of regular (or your prefered flavor of) oatmeal

4) Extra Flavoring (Cinnamon, sugar, ect.)

5) Pam

6) Cooking Pan/ Tray

Steps:

Mix your two ripe bananas and a cup (or more) of oatmeal in your mixing bowl. * Once nice and mixed, simply take small, bitesized chunks of your mixture, and lay it onto your tray after having been sprayed with Pam. * Let cook for 10-15 minutes until nice and warm and chewy, then enjoy!

Review: This recipie is so amazing, it hurts! It is healthy and so delicious I could eat it nearly every morning. This is great with a cup of orange juice.

-Fruity Smoothie (Vegan)

What you need:

-any sort of base (Juice, water, coconut water, ect.)

-any desired fruit (Strawberries, blueberries, mixed fruit, ect.)

-and optional yogurt of choice

-blender

Steps:

This one is easy- just mix all of your ingredients into the blender and blend, that's it!

Review:

This can take some time in the morning, so if you typically run late, I'd suggest making this the night before. But if you're like me this summer and have no where to be, then you can make this whenever you want. It is definitely worth the effort.

-Peanut Butter Protein Shake (Not Vegan)

What you need:

-Blender

-Lots of PB

-Milk

-Protein powder (chocolate)

Steps:

The Protein Powder is not optional, and is an important part of this recipe. Mix PB (desired amount, prob. 2 scoops) 2 tablespoons of protein powder, and a cup-3 cups of milk. Blend until smooth and shakey.

Review: This is a simple, quick, and filling recipe. It's awesome.

-Egg/Bacon Breakfast Cups

What You need:

-2-6 raw eggs

-2 packages of uncooked bacon

-cupcake tin

-Pam

-Shredded cheese

Steps:

Preheat your oven to 350. After spraying cupcake tin with Pam, line the inside of the tin cups with raw bacon, cutting off the dges to fill in empty spots. Add the raw eggs into the bacon cups, and put into the oven until bacon and eggs are FULLY cooked.

Review: My family loves when I make this recipe for them, even though I dont eat it. It smells and looks great, and I've been told that it taste amazing.

LUNCH

-Vegetarian Rice and Gravy:

What you need:

-1-2 cups of cooked rice (white or brown)

-Campbells Vegetarian Canned Soup

-Large Bowl/container

Steps:

Basically mix the canned soup in with the rice to make an awesome rice and gravy. Add whatever kind of canned soup or sauce you like.

Review: Relatively Easy and very Yummy.

-Tuna Salad

What you need:

-Canned Tuna in WATER

-Mayo

-Eggs (4-6)

-Seasoning

-Carrots

Steps:

Boil your eggies in water, and once finished, add them to a fairly large bowl, along with the tuna, mayo, seasoning, and chopped carrots. Its simple.

Review: I think this one is my favorite out of all of these. Its so creamy and yummy, but I can't eat it very often :(

SNACKS

-Frozen Fruit Pops

What You Need:

-Popsicle Mold

-Liquid base (Juice, water, coconut water, ect.)

-Perferred fruit ( Blueberries, Blackberries, Strawberries, Ect.)

Steps:

Pour your fruit into the Popsicle Mold, and pour in the juice after that. Put in the freezer for 5 hours or over night.

Review: Yummmmy!

-Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Pops

What you need:

-Ripe, Large banana

-Peanut butter chips

-platter

-baking bowl

-peanuts, almondss, ect.

-Popsicle/toothpicks

Steps: Melt your chips in a bowl, then after chilling your bananas for a half hour, dip your banana into the PEanut Butter or melted chocolate chips, then put them on a platter. Pour toppings, then enjoy!

Review: Relatively easy and fun. Love this one!

Well, that concludes some of my summer Foodie list, and I hope you guys enjoyed. Please message me if you guys have tried these yummy recipies or have come up with some of your own.

Love,

LovinLife09 <3