How to Get Comments | Teen Ink

How to Get Comments

By Ocean97 SILVER, Suffield, Connecticut
Ocean97 SILVER, Suffield, Connecticut

"If you live to be 100 years old, then I hope I live to be that, minus 1 day, so that I never have to live a day without you."

Although still relatively new to TeenInk, I've noticed it's hard to get comments on your work. People mostly read the top most rated articles that they see under the tabs at the top, because really, who has time to read 700 articles?
A catchy title is always helpful. We are teens! We have the same problems, situations, thoughts, etc. Title your article one that would drag you in, because other teens will probably be too.
Ask your friends to comment on your articles/pictures. This will at least get some other people to see it. I know this from experience because of the picture I recently posted, although I'm still waiting for it in the magazine! :)
Pictures are always helpful too. A simple picture, one that will not be distracting will attract more attention. The picture I picked out has nothing to do with my article, but it got your attention when you opened this article, right?
I'm hoping I'll recieve lots of comments on this article, and that it will help you too. Everyone deserves a chance, read articles!

Savannainthesky GOLD, West Suffield, Connecticut

"It may have been in pieces.. but I gave you the best of me"-Jim Morrison(the doors)

YOU GOT A COMMENT!!!!!!!!!:) LOVE YA JOJO